Stoned though of the night

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Sherak, Jan 19, 2013.

1. So we, as humans, cannot comprehend infinity, everything has to have an end. But we cant find the end, the universe for example, its endless, but it cant be because everything has to have an end. If we ever found the edge of space, the only way we could comprehend it is as a wall, something saying "you cant go any further because this is it, the end". So what's behind the end then? because something cant exist in nothing right?

2. Good luck, bro.
    Tyg

3. There is no end. Space is infinitely big, infinitely small, infinitely long, infinitely short.

4. There are just as many numbers between 0 and 0.1 as 0 to 10000000000. This is what I thought about when I would blaze and do math

5. I comprehend it pretty well... I like to embrace infinity...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzy2dgEUOhY]Guru Josh Project - Infinity (Ultra Music) - YouTube[/ame]

6. The universe is spherical like the earth. So when you reach the end you start over at the beginning. Pretty sure I heard Neil Degrasse Tyson explain it that way.

7. I think it's easier to think about as a bubble. Even if the universe is finite in size, doesn't mean you could find an edge. You can't go beyond it, because you just loop back around and eventually end up where you started. Once you reach the "edge", you just continue along the curve of the exterior. It's encased in its own little bubbleness. Nothing gets in or out.

I really doubt the universe is never ending, or infinite in terms of size or matter however. Maybe there are more universes? Maybe there are other things that are something else entirely? Or maybe there's not. Maybe there's absolutely nothing beyond what we could consider the boarders of our universe. Not even blackness or emptiness. Maybe it's just nothing. I don't know.

I do think, though, that for all intents and purposes, our universe is big enough that it might as well be infinite for our ability to comprehend its size.

8. Once we get to infinity it's twice as much infinity to reach the imaginary function describing the whole

9. I have heard the universe being described as a bubble or sphere before, space time being curved etc etc. But my big thought, question, whatever is... What is this bubble/sphere contained within?

10. Lots of bubbles!

11. everything is just infinity. humans try to label things as big/small and questions/answers, but it's all futile. it only applies to our specific reality (earth) and our sub-reality (society and culture)

12. Do you read any Sartre?

13. this reminds me of a psychology study I read not too long ago. it mentioned that we as humans have no perception of the "Future Me"

the brain perceives "Future Me" as a whole different person. think about who you thought you were gonna be when you were a little kid vs who you are right now. I guess that explains why people are so into instant gratification

my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and I’m like this is a private residence if you don’t leave I will call the police