Stoned Soul (Funk,Soul,R&B,Jazz,Fusion,Rock,Classic Hip Hop,Psychedelia)

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by bssarchives, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Ha. I randomly came across this thread and posted that song thinking 'somebody's got to dig this'. Even wondered if someone might hear it for the first time. Right on!

Check out his cover of Sabbath's "Changes"

• Like Like x 1
  2. Will do man, and keep coming back, The Cannabis Culture at times seems to loose sight of how important soul music is to its past, present and future evolution.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Agreed.

☮️

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. "If there's a hell, we're all gonna go!!" - Curtis Mayfield, he could be dark and gloomy when he needed to be, wonderful artist.

5. Trouble the water.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Oh hell yes!!! keep em coming anytime you can Dubs gooooood shit

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. I had a feeling you would dig that bro lol, that's what I'm gonna cook when I start smoking again, probably about 2 or 3 weeks. Can't wait! smoke a few bowls for me bro lol....atleast 7 bowls...on my behalf.

• Like Like x 1

8. Hell yeah bro I'll dedicate each rip to ya ;):laughing:

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. So many different versions of this spiritual. This is probably my favorite.

Taking time to learn about the history and meaning behind the lyrics was very enlightening, too. #recommended

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Absolutely Dubs, you a very like-minded. The only thing funner than actually playing music, is studying its lineage, tracing its roots and meanings. It's the love of my life brother. Some people dismiss art as a meaningless organization of nonsense, nothing could be further from the truth friend. It all goes back to the story of the Soul, the story of humanity! Jam on!

11. Great documentary

• Winner Winner x 1

12. This one because....

It reminds me of summertime in NYC. A place & time thats always made me happy.

When me, the wife and our pack of dogs are together and this song is playing, it generally means life is good. Not sure if that makes sense but it's a little marker for us that all is well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Makes perfect since, life always provides a wonderful soundtrack, for every time, and every season, under the Sun.

14. And yeah , like minded as a mofo .

I do need to repair my relationship with my Telecasters, in a big way, but that's a whole other thread. Not gonna unpack that nonsense in here. Another thread maybe sometime.

• Like Like x 1
  15. My life has been too busy to make music too, listening and studying is just as important as playing, so I'm OK with it. The time will come.