Stoned Music

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by CheebaStone, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Hello everyone I just joined this site today and it looks great. I know this subject is posted alot but I just wanted to know if anyone else likes the type of music I enjoy while stoned or not stoned. I like alot of classic rock and what I call "happy music". Real mellow music that just makes you feel good. Some of my favorites would be Sublime, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, Steve Miller Band, Everclear, Lynard Skynard, and just about anything that is like that. What music do yall smoke to and do you know of any bands that play this type of music that I probobly would like? I knew here so don't go to hard on me.

2. Welcome to the city. The city is comprised of many different forums, one being music. You can post topics in the forums that seem to fit the topic most.

That being said, Classsic rock is cool. My favorite type of music is metal but I have listened to many hours of q104.3 I'm down with Zep, Floyd, Cream, Steve Miller, Allman bros, and a bunch more I can;t think of now. If you are feeling like experimenting, the cd "Freak Guitar" by Mattias IA Eklundh is quite good. It is not classic rock but it has many mellow tracks and some zany ones.

3. If you like psychadelic rock, check out Can. They are amazing. Tago Mago and Ege Bamyasi are my favorite cds by them. Download the 18 minute version of "Halleluwah". You like some good bands, but ditch the Everclear. Who wants to hear a guy whine about his daddy leaving him... who cares? Get over it. But anyway...

4. Haha well normally i like metal, but frankly there's nothing better than being baked and listening to some groovy reggae!
    Otherwise, alternative rock is great, specifically tool!

Other bands which might do the work are RHCP, Infected Mushroom and R.E.M