Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

stoned - forgot to pay bar tab

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dubweiser, Jul 9, 2011.

1. last night i was stoned and a bit drunk. and my friends decided we should leave to go to a different bar. without thinking i walked out and completely forgot to pay my $15 bar tab. what should i do? can i suffer from any legal consequences? it was an honest accident. i plan on paying it next time i go to that bar. but is that enough?

2. I wouldn't worry about it. I really don't think hunting someone down for a $15 tab is worth their time. If you really wanted to do the right thing, just try and pay next time you're at that bar.

3. call them up and apologize and ask if you can repay without any troubles

that or never go there again

4. If you don't pay, don't return without money lol.

Just go back and be honest... You forgot to pay.
    you might even get a free drink or somethin!

5. yea man. you have no idea how much that happens. did you have a tab open on a card? or was it a cash trans? just be honest, go back in there and say, hey so last night i had one to many and forgot to pay my tab, so can i just take care of that now?

6. 15 is nothing to a full sized business but everything counts... i say as a kind gesture go in there today and pay em, they'll prolly give u afree drink for being nice

7. $15 is very minor.
    The right thing would be to go and pay it, or like I saw people saying just never don't go back.

8. #8 dubweiser, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2011
    yeah i know its minor, but i was told that the bar tenders have to pay that out of their own pocket. is this true?

also, i lost my license so i can't just go back tonight. ill have to go back whenever my friends feel like going next. do you think it would be a problem if i just payed them the next time i go? probably within a week or so.

edit: oh and it was cash not on my credit card. i bought 2 beers at first with cash. then i ordered some wings, so that automatically opened up a tab for me. then i bought a pitcher of beer. played a game of pool and left without thinking.

9. I've done that before. I've even gone back there with no one recognizing me. If it's a town of 300 people, then yes, they might walk over to your door but if you're in a city then I wouldn't sweat it. Like previously sated - if it bugs you, pay them back.