Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stoned around sober people?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Greenthumbbb, May 27, 2011.

1. Hey guys, never really posted on here.
    Just wondering what you guys think about being stoned when with sober people, and even moreso, people who have never really/never blazed?

I notice things about them more, especially people I don't know very well. I also seem to find myself noticing that they may think there is something 'different' about me, is this being paranoid? I mean surely I come accross differently to people; while stoned, as opposed to me being sober.

Obviously if there is a situation where someone I dont know just says something to me and I bust up laughing, they're gonna find that a bit strange. I mean simple scenarios like just sitting and watching TV with some friends and some of their friends that I don't know really well etc.

So what are your guys thoughts, what do you think about being stoned around sober people?

2. i don't like being stoned around most sober people, but it kinda depends on the person i guess. some people are really trippy hahah. and then some people just sketch me out. it just depends.

3. Yeah I agree with you dude.

4. It just dont matter anymore. Its just happened so many times it seems natural. My parents are even cool with it even tho they arent up front about it. But sober people do crack me up sometimes haha

5. If you don't want them to know you're high, don't ever be around them when you're not.

6. This is a valid point. :smoke:

7. Not sure why this was moved? I am not an apprentice toker.

8. In my opinion, i think it's kind of a buzzkill. Unless the people I'm with are really chill I guess I wouldn't mind. And for that reason I'm pretty glad that almost 75% of my friends smoke :)

9. I don't mind

definitely prefer them blazing wit me

10. I definitely find it to be a buzzkill if I'm forced to feign sobriety, so I've been trying to cut back on my smoking when I know I'm gonna be around people who wouldn't approve of my enlightenment :smoke:

11. the worse thing to deal with is when someone loudly points that shit out. its like
    "shut up motherfucker i know this already :smoke: "

12. when I was a cashier at my old job I was stoned all the time... no one ever said anything and I had consistently high service ratings... I think once you get used to it it kinda becomes second nature... try not to think about it too much, I'd say most sober folk have more on their mind than "this guy's stoned.."... just enjoy the buzz man :smoke:

13. I find people act a bit condescending when I'm high. They act like it's so foreign that someone can be feeling buzzed and acting a bit silly. IDK, but it might be paranoia for me too. Either way, I say fuck it nowadays and just go about my business.

14. They all jus be hatin.

15. Its awkward being stoned around sober people, especially if they smoke. They usually just fuck with you more than the average person.

16. When I was a freshmen in high school I went to basketball practice really gone. There was a kid on my team who was autistic and every time I was high he would just stare at me for 3 minutes straight without even blinking. Then he burst out laughing and I laughed softly thinking "this kid is playing mind games or some shit!"

I don't really care if I'm around sober people when I'm high because I can control myself. As long as I have my rohtos I'm all good!

17. I don't mind it much at all, but probably because I am used to it. I just hate when people, once they know, find it necessary to blame everything you do on weed. For example, I dropped the controller and hear " damn yo you fucked up huh"...im like...no...I just umm...lost my grip?? Or if I am looking for something...."see, that weed got your memory fucked up"....

That really annoys the hell outta me. But I don't like being around drunk people when I am faded because they get too annoying most the time.

18. #18 420BONGZILLA420, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    questions are usually moved to here because the mods assume that you are newish to toking. at least thats what i think. but personal questions (i.e. What's your favorite strain?) stay in the seasoned tokers section.

19. Weed makes me extremely aware and perceive shit alot differently. I definitely study sober people when stoned and think more. Being high in high school was like an adventure. I could easily see all the mannerisms, unique characteristics, and traits people had. Shit just becomes clear.

20. People that don't smoke think it gets u really fucked up, so they try to say/and or do stupid stuff to scetch u out.

I'm not even thinkin about them.. I get my best thinking done when I'm blazed. But that's just me.