Stone pipes

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by PatrickTheToker, Sep 11, 2010.

1. I noticed the gc shop sells stone, or soapstone pipes. Anybody have any experience with these? Pros/Cans?

I was thinking about ordering one as I have not heard of them before.

2. Sorry I haven't tried, but your question got me interested and I looked at a few myself. The reviews for some of them seem good

3. stone pipes never heard about that can you put a pic online?

4. ^razar

5. Stone pipes smoke cool and absorb lots of heat from the bowl. As with any type of pipe if you keep it clean it will smoke good. They are reasonably priced too. The soapstone ones are soft and can be custom carved to suit your needs.

6. stone pipes are cool, good to add to any collection

7. Got a bunch of stone pipes in Mexico for 2-3 dollars. No carb so they cherry quite well, agree about them absorbing heat well. Overall not to bad.

8. never used one, but i heard they're pretty good. but once its hot it holds the heat for a while. stone is takes a while to heat up and a while to cool down.

and if you get a nice flat one it should be easy to slip into your pocket. which is always nice.

but it might shatter if you drop it. that is if it fall at the right angle.

i say go for it.

9. Stone pipes and toke-stones rock (pun intended,lol):D

Been making them for years, just takes some masonary drill bits, and a 'lil imagination;):smoking:

10. are made by tiny children in a Mexican orphanage-

11. Or by creative stoners like me:D

12. I prefer a glass pipe, but stone is definitely better than metal.

13. I think OldSkoolGrower has a beautiful soap stone pipe that he has had for many years. Care to bring it out wise one?:D