Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stomach hurts every morning?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by RoXyFoOj, Sep 10, 2015.

1. [​IMG]I started smoking 6 months ago. Love it. No problems. I smoke 3-5 times a day. 1 morning. 2 bowls afternoon 1 night.
    But just last week. I have been waking up everyday at 6. Stomach hurts. I start gagging and thowing up spit and some yellow stuff. The only thing that makes it go away is a wake and bake. But I'm not a fan of this solution. I want to have a normal
    Morning. I don't have time to burn every morning.
    I also don't get munchies. I feel like I don't need to eat and my body doesn't want to eat. So I don't eat at all.....should I take a break? Am I doing something wrong.? Is my body addicted? I don't feel addicted just sick. And I want it to go away. I want to be a happy hippie stoner again
    Help out a newbie

2. #2 TinTizzy, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2015
    it's acid reflux get on some omeprozole or change how you're eating...I've found not eating after 7pm helps and sleeping on your left side keeps the acid down..chocolate, tomato based acidic food, fatty food and caffeine are big factors also

3. talk to a doctor

4. Hi. I'm addicted but your symptoms seem alien to me

First off do you sleep on your stomach? I do tht and sometimes wake up with stomach aches

Also, and more important, how much water do you drink every day?

5. I don't drink a lot of water :/ and what is the addiction of wee really?
    I don't think I'm
    Addicted. Maybe I'm just doing
    Something wrong.
    Why don't I get munchies?

6. More than likely has nothing to do with MJ. Stomach issues are rampant among us westerners. Go to a doc to get a diagnoses, but I do not suggest taking the pharmaceuticals they give you. You most likely will need to change-up your diet.

7. Do you eat after 7pm? After 7 your body naturally reduces stomach acid because it thinks you will be sleeping soon..when you eat again after that it ramps up acid production again thinking you will be awake so it keeps making acid while you sleep expecting to be fed

8. Ask an internet forum for stoners for medical advice.

9. Good advice on trying not to eat late at night. Another thing to consider is that anything that relaxes your esophagus can cause reflux issues when you're lying down (especially on your back). This is because a relaxed esophagus won't seal in the stomach acids like it should, and allow some to back up into your throat.

Guess what relaxes your esophagus...

10. That's not entirely true. The time you eat has little to do with stomach issues, be it acid or whatever. The time you eat and WHAT you eat right before sleeping does. If you eat a hearty big meal at 7 and go to bed at 9 then of course you will have a problem.

I worked shift work for 30+ years, My body has no such clock in it. If anything for a normal person you are not on a 24 hour cycle anyhow......

To the OP, take a huge dump in the AM. If you still have issues after said dump then go to a doctor.

11. Used to happen to me too. I had no clue what was going on.
    I tried the "Stop eating a few hours before going to sleep" trick, and it went away eventually.

For me, in the mornings, if I like woke up and drank a bottle of water, it'd trigger something and cause me to vomit.

But yeah, wouldn't blame the smoking.

12. I had this issue pretty bad for about a year during my last year of work before I retired. I don't have acid issues but I think it was stressed induced because I knew I was close to getting out and I hated my workplace so much.