Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stomach Discomfort Caused By Weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Dallas Salad, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Hello,

I have been a steady toker for about the past 3 years now. Only up until recently have i been experiencing some extreme stomach discomfort. It feels like my stomach is swollen and there is a lot of acid swishing around, and its very annoying as i enjoy my couple bong tokes a day but idk if i can deal with this anymore. The worst part is tho i cant get my mind off of the pain and my friends see that, they keep telling me its something to do with me swallowing smoke but i dont think it is because i can never burp after i toke, you know because of the swollen and acidy stomach. It also seems to cause some sweating by my balls / gooch area so you can understand why this is a problem when i smoke.

Now i had went to the doctors to see if i had any stomach or gastic, or intestinal problems and he checked me out and couldnt find a problem. IT ONLY HAPPENS WHEN I SMOKE WEED. The doctor told me that the majority of the time it's meant to relieve pain but there is some types of syndromes causes by the long term taking in a weed smoke.

If anyone has any information to share or any idea's on something that will help, feel free to post. Im awaiting your reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Is there any chance that you're accidentally swallowing the smoke? It can happen pretty easily if you take big rips, and it can definitely cause some discomfort

Happy toking!

Sent from four score and seven years ago

3. Hmm well if you think it's the weed smoke that is bothering you trying doing without it for a few days and see if the problem persists. 
    Maybe you will have to try switching to edibles or something if you still want to enjoy getting high, but are having a hard time with the smoke.

Who knows maybe your just feeling a little off and it will get better, best of luck :)

4. I use herb to help relieve intestinal discomfort that is caused from my Crohns.

5. Any time my girl or me have any stomach issues bud ALWAYS settles it within minutes

6. #6 Jimmy Carter, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    I have stomach problems and weed helps so much

you smoking some shitty bud sprayed with pesticides or something?

7. Try exhaling all of the smoke out of your body after a toke.  When smoke is ingested it settles in the stomach and will cause a discomforting feeling which can include nausea.

8. Eat before you smoke and eat regularly, i dont and it happens to me, and it will keep happening, its been a year now i still dont eat, i get very hungry during the day then it goes away regardless of eating or not your no eaying enough problem solved

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Is there any chance that you recently switched to a new piece and you've been taking rips that are a bit too big? As a result you really could be swallowing smoke.
    When I started, it would happen to me on a rare occasion or two, and I'd get that same bloated feeling. I would also feel nauseous and hold back from burping for fear of vomiting.
    You say it only happens when you smoke, but does it ALWAYS happen when you smoke now? Also how long ago was "until recently"?
    Like others said: eat before, stay well hydrated, have some bread or a light sandwich before hand to really soak up that stomach acid and fill you up.

10. Thanks for the replys guys.

Ill try eating before i smoke. I guess i should have also mentioned that i do poppers as well ( tobacco in the bottom of the bowl and put the weed on top). And its every single time i toke. And yes i had just switched from a bong with 2 8 arm perks to a single beaker bottom.

Thanks again, happy toking

11.  Quick, get OP 300 cc's of nacho cheesier!   --And a pepsi!

12. I think I have that exact problem I go throw cycles of not eating enough in the day and I’ll start to swoll
    I think I have this exact same problem where I dnt drink or eat enough and will end up swallowing a toke and then it’s down hill for a couple days were it’s pure gut rips and i was good for several years and now it’s back and sweaty gooch I swear is a symptom I had it too from sweating probably from the insane gut rips