Stolen plant, can I repot the other?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dave999, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Basically, I was growing two plants in a remote location in the forest. One of these plants was maturing quicker due to sunlight, and it has now gone, stolen presumably as someone confiscating them would take both rather than the one.

My question is, can I repot the plant, it is in its preflowering stages and about 2.5 ft high. If not I'm pretty much sure it will get stolen, so any ideas if I can't repot?

Thanks

2. sure ...repot it....dig way wide around root ball and if you need to make it smaller gently rinse it with water rinsing dirt off roots...their tough..sorry dude...that sucks:smoking:

3. Yeah you can dig it up but it could possibly kill it, but if it gets stolen your out either way.

Just do it like you would transplant any small shrub or tree. (check Utube for vids)

Remeber to keep the rootball packed, moist, and dark (wrap in plastic) while you transport it. Be carefull digging. Try to not damage the main taproot as much as you can.. Dig out about a foot or more away from the stem. Dig down deep before you try and get her out. When you get her out, moisten the rootball but don't wash away the soil in it.

Make sure you have plenty of Ph adjusted water on hand. 6.0-7.0

When you find a new spot.
    Dig your hole. Put a few stones in the bottom for drainage. Soak the hole with some water. Put in some new (good) soil and soak that. Then put in your plant, and pack soil around it and water with a light fertalizer mixed with some type of root specific nutrient or suppliment to heal the roots that got damged. Soak her down real good.

She is probably going to droop and look like crap for a bit (day or so), but should recover fully within a week.

Marijuana is actually a pretty tough plant physically. I've ripped males out of the ground and just thrown them in a pile and come back a week later and they re-grew into the ground. Main thing is protect the rootball. Thats where the plants "soul" is.

4. cheers for the help man

5. my pleasure