Stocks

Discussion in 'General' started by KingTut, May 22, 2009.

1. My economics teacher says that now is the best time to invest in stocks, so I was wondering what is a good company to invest in or better yet what is a good mutual fund i could invest in?

2. dont ask us.. go talk to a financial advisor mann

3. lol i was just about to say the same thing

not the kind of forum your going to get good quality market advice from

4. My econ teacher said that a regular guy has the same odds as a guy trained, its all about chance and statistics

5. look at companies and see which one you think will be succesful. the more succesfull = more money

buy google stocks, after the recession passes it'll go up. slowly but surely.
    any stock you buy wil lslowly go up so just buy something that dropped lots but still has the same potential to raise once again.

6. I was thinking Google, but maybe gamestop too.

7. i hear ya man.. i just dont think there is a lot of people on here that do invest. im sure there is a small handful though.

8. I no, you can make some serious bank on the stock market too, as long as you watch yourself, and go against the grain

9. look to invest in low priced, high growth funds. also, do some research on up and coming techs or companies. there is the risk ur investment could go south if a technology doesnt stick but simetimes its worth it. Example: i saw a film about india and heard about TATA motors. did some research. last week i bought a ton of shares. its gone up $2 since. i could sell now make a killing. not gonna, hopin it'll fly up $20-$30 over the next couple of months. you never know.

ALSO, i hear gold is a good investment, its dirt cheap now. gl.

10. dont invest in the auto industry, those bitches are droppin left and right. i would invest in those companies that make those tiny lil airplanes, what do you call them again? anyway they had to lay off a lot of employees and shit, but they are the best in the uis as far as small plains go, so i cant really imagine them going under. fuck i wish i knew what they were called, somebody help me out here.

11. tampons, no matter the season there always gonna be a need to stop the flow.

12. Invest in Apple, or maybe something.

13. All the guys who predicted this recession for several years, the ones who gave us and the govt warnings....they are saying we're not out of it yet and not even close. My advice is don't put money in the market unless you're willing to sit on your investment for a very long time, or you don't care if you lose it.

14. Buying an index fund now at the very least will most likely net a large increase within 5 years.

Buying certain individual stocks now could possibly net an even larger profit within just a couple of years, but it's riskier.

I sold a ton of tech stocks right before the 'Dot Com' bubble burst, then after 9/11 when the Dow tanked I put some of that back into an index fund when the Dow was in the 7000's...sold it when it was in the 14,000 range.

Now IS a good time to buy. If the market tanks much more it won't matter anyways if you lose money because the global economy will be permanently fucked. If it does what it most likely will and rise over the next 5 years it's a goldmine waiting to happen for those bold and smart enough to take advantage of it.

I've been buying up lots of stock that is way undervalued since this most recent bear market started.

15. Just invest into S&P 500, I guarantee their steady return is going to equal out any stocks you invest into because you'll buy some stocks as they're booming and get some nice return on them but others will tank....Just go with the steady return, its guaranteed money why pass it up for something risky?

16. This is actually the best advice possible. You really don't want to ask a bunch of stoners for investment advice. Some of us know something about it, but in general you'll probably get a bunch of kids telling you that you should buy stock in KFC/Taco Bell :laughing:

17. dude...burger king