stock of extinct purple haze seeds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by The Third Eye, Nov 18, 2011.

1. okay my uncle use to be a commercial grower back in the 60s and 70s and he has a stockpile of various strains, and one caught my eye labeled purple haze, because i knew that was ectinct. i am 100% sure these are legitimate genetics, how much could i sell these seeds for?

2. If I were you, I'd grow them and sell the clones. Or pollinate them and get more seeds and sell those seeds. But if the seeds are from the 60s-70s then they might not be good, hmph who knows.

3. If they were legit and you actually could get some to pop I'm sure a seedbank would be interested in the strain. You should try to pop some and post any results.

4. yes i agree, or you could send me 2 and ill pop them for you ;) i have lots of room in muh lab for breeding experiments :smoke:

5. Purple haze isn't that rare. I'm actually flowering 1 and vegging 3 more. The seed bank that has them now is g13 attitude. But who knows you purple haze could be different

6. it is definitely different if it is from 40 year old breeding stalk.

id try to pop one as mentioned, and see how well it grows

if genetics are still intact, i would try to stabilize the strain over a few generations and ultimately add it to my breeding stock.

i might share the genetic but fuck selling out. most seedbanks are in it for primarily the money- not for preserving sacred genetics; although they play it like they are.

7. it is definitely different if it is from 40 year old breeding stalk.

id try to pop one as mentioned, and see how well it grows

if genetics are still intact, i would try to stabilize the strain over a few generations and ultimately add it to my breeding stock.

i might share the genetic but fuck selling out. most seedbanks are in it for primarily the money- not for preserving sacred genetics; although they play it like they are.

seedbanks make money from prohibition. its gay.

and i gotta worry about having 2 plants, Christ..

8. Would be very surprised if they are still viable.

9. If the guy who had em was a commercial grower then they were probably stored correctly and do have a chance at being viable.

10. ya kno? id heard that the OG purple haze had gone extinct too, maybe theres something to that, id pop em if they were stored correctly like Bullistic said, hell. id try even if they werent.