Stinkin soil?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 3Deez, Nov 17, 2011.

1. I have a mother that I planted back in Jan/Feb. She has been in the same soil in a 5 gallon pot. The soil was MG potting mix...at this point all the original nutes should be used up and I have fed her a steady diet fish fert every so often and an occasional foliar spray. She is in good shape but a few weeks ago I added some crushed up eggshells and some used coffee grounds. The plant looked even better (she still does) but after watering her yesterday, the soil smells like sweaty gym clothes...is this normal? Im thinking that its the stuff in the soil breaking down? When the soil was dry, I didnt smell anything. Its not a strong smell, just a faint stench that I only picked up on when I got close enough to her a little while ago. Ive never flushed her because she never looked like she needed it.

2. Sounds like it could be the eggshells. It like a rotten egg smell?

3. Its more like a faint smell of dirty gym clothes...kind of like when I throw my sweaty gym clothes in with the rest of the dirty clothes and it starts to smell after a day or so...(if that helps, haha).

4. Well, if no mold or anything is growing on the soil, and the plant is showing no adverse effects, then I wouldn't worry too much. No harm, no foul.

5. Okay, I'll keep an eye on it. It just started smelling like that so I hope its not the beginning of something. Thanks.

6. sounds like mildew u may be keeping soil too moist at all times