Stink Bugs

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mangled, Jan 26, 2012.

1. I'm at a loss here.

We heat the house with a wood burner, and evidently the stink bugs are hibernating in the wood. We get a fresh batch each time we haul in wood.

The damn things LOVE my plants. I can't see that they're doing any damage, but I really don't want them all over my plants. I have a trap set up here in the house, but somehow, they are finding their way into my grow area.

When I get into the interior of the plant to check things out, there's always 3 or 4 on each plant, just hanging out. I'm now plucking them out on a daily basis.

I'm two weeks into flowering and both plants are female, so I'll be seriously bummed if my plants suddenly go south on me.

I'm worried I'm disturbing the plant too much digging around for these damn bugs.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. They look like this:

I don't have any pics of them on the plants, because I just got them out. I guess they're an invasive species here in western PA.

Attached Files:

3. I'm on an iPhone app, so I cannot see your picture. It's not your fault, I'm just sayin.

Spray some neem oil on your leaves ONLY. Don't get any on your buds. Reason being: it smells like Indian food (curry). The neem oil contains compounds that is a natural pesticide to the bugs.

Spray once every week and a half right before the lights turn off.

You can also use a biological control, like Beauveria bassiana (product: BotaniGuard.) it is a naturally occurring fungi that infects insects & eventually devours them.

Stink bugs aren't the most damaging bugs, but harmful none-the-less. It would be best to get a handle on the problem.

Maybe you should build a little wood shed right outside your door to keep your wood in, instead of inside. I know it would be a pain to have to go out in the cold a bunch of times a day, but it'll nip that problem right in the bud.

-OSUB