Stinging Nettle beside marij

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by SovietComics, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Has anyone gotten better results from growing stinging nettle beside their marij plants?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Why, what does it do?

3. I have read that when you cut down a stinging nettle plant and soak the stalks in water you can then use that water to revive a malnourished plant. An article also said grow stinging nettle next to your marj plants will improve the bud quality. I bought some nettle seeds and am going to see if I get different results.. just seeing if anyone else has done this before

4. Never heard of that before. Sounds like BS. Stinging nettle is a weed around here, where on earth did you buy seeds?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Nettles are.. what's it called, some sort of accumulator, like a cover crop.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Never heard of using nettle. But clover replenishes nitrogen in the soil.

Sent from my [illustrious_imagination] using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. stinging nettles is one of the most nutritious plants around and is good food for you and for your plants. A tea made from nettles is a great fertilizer. (and good for you as well)
    I have never heard of companion planting with nettles though

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. First you chop the nettles, and when your hands turn to fire, you chop the comfrey! Lil. Its so easy

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. yea agree with @SitnSpin and @pushu about nettle tea and comfrey tea ..although i dont think i'd use it on inside grows it does smell quite a bit ,it for outside its really good comfrey as all the nutrients and trace elements that plants love ,,,mac,

• Like Like x 2
  10. I thought I remembered there was some kind of connection between stinging nettles and cannabis so I looked it up. It seems they both have trichomes but instead of producing cannabinoids the nettles produce histamines, hence the reaction when it gets in your skin.
    How Stinging Nettles Benefit Cannabis Plants - RQS Blog

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Nettle tea is fed to young plants to provide (N) in the early days of excessive growth

Later I feed Russian Comfry to mature plants for the excess minerals and the basic (P)&(K)

read jeff lowefells books or any organic stuff

good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sumbody's got thin skin, LOL

13. True very smelly with the tea. I've just cutup comfrey and top dressed before. I've never had nettles to mess with. Dandelion and verdolagas work too, ive used both to make a tea. I heard what i said from another grower. For him its all a ritual. It was very interesting to me. Hi ed!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. I tried a little rosemary plant as a companion. Good luck with the plans, I hope it works out for you.

15. If you plant enough it can stop people from stealing them

16. As a grower you will own a 30x Loup'e or glass to check your trics

Take that same glass and check out any roots of any Clover
    you will be amazed like me after reading the theory for years
    that these glass type crystals cling to the clover roots like little sacks..
    those little crystals are pure (N) well almost

I've yet to grow clover with my plants but free food is free food

cheers