Sting pain index

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by since93, Oct 20, 2010.

1. I eat bullet ants for breakfast.

2. hahaha thats awesome man, they should have just left the pepsis wasp with its other name.....tarantula hawk...way more horrible sounding hahahahahahahaha

3. youre absolutely right...tarantula hawk does instill deeper respect.....:smoke:...aw man, i also looked up bullet ants...and man these little fuckers are bad....natives apparently use these ants as a ritual to pass into manhood...involving getting stung by these bastards repeteadly and shit....funny how easy it is to be a man today.....:smoke:

4. I believe I saw them do that on Wildboyz once. They had to put their hands in a big glove thing full of them. Eff that.

5. yes!...exactly that!.....aw dude!!!!

6. ^ im on southbeach diet too

7. Those Bullet Ants look... unpleasant.

I'm stung by Yellow Jackets almost exclusively, probably a couple times per month in the summer. In Washington, we disrupted a nest of them in the middle of the night and some of them actually ended up in our boots. After that, I've become almost completely neutral to the pain of their stings. I could probably sit down, watch three of them land on my arm, walk around, sting me in unison and fly away with absolutely no problems at all.

Which is actually kind of nice, because I actually dove off a pier when I was much younger because I thought there was a bee buzzing somewhere around my head...

:p

8. Without any milk.

9. Those descriptions are always amusing. Yay Schmidt Sting pain index.

Only time I ever got stung was when I was a kid, a yellowjacket deciding to drive his right between my index and middle finger...worse than any papercut you'll ever get in the same place. :p

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WQ6rFKhyn0]YouTube - Incredible Ritual With Hundreds of Poisonous Bullet Ants[/ame]