Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Still unable to get high

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Jean Rollin, Oct 25, 2021.

1. #1 Jean Rollin, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    Just thought I'd post an update. I posted here a few weeks ago about disappointing experiences I had had at a dispensary. Well the disappointing experiences have continued.

My friends I have been to Zen Leaf on five occasions and each time purchased a different product from them and every product has failed to get me high.

First visit: Sativa edibles, 100 mg. Took 3 gummies, got a little high. But upon taking four more gummies some six hours later, no effects. The next morning took the last 3, no effects.

Second visit: Indica edibles, 100mg. No effects whatsoever.

Third visit: Bought two 2 packs of LSD prerolled joints. No effects.

Fourth visit: Finally bought flower. Don't recall the name of it but for what it's worth I asked the budtender for potent flower. No effects whatsoever.

Fifth visit: Gelato flower. I have heard Gelato is a good weed strain. Despite my previous disappointments I had a glimmer of hope this time. But nope. No effects whatsoever. In fact yesterday I smoked two bowls, one immediately after the other. It was like I had not done a thing.

Now my friends I am not an unreasonable man. I understand people may say edibles don't work for everybody. Prerolled joints are all low quality shake. But what's the excuse for the flower I bought? How can it be that in five visits to this store I have been disappointed five different times. I know it sounds paranoid, especially as it appears no one else has this problem but what can I think except that this dispensary is running a fraudulent business?

I have even told the people at Zen Leaf of my disappointing results. They suggest concentrates. Maybe concentrates are more potent but I have been using marijuana for over 30 years and got high all the time just by smoking bud in the traditional way. Am I to believe only concentrates work now? How is it every time I bought weed back when it was illegal I got high, but now that I buy from a legal dispensary I can't get high?

Something the hell is up. Please don't suggest to me that I grow my own. I want to know how this can be happening to me and whether I can trust any more dispensaries. Certainly Zen Leaf seems to be a no go.

2. You're one in a billion, awesome man.

3. Some people dont notice much their first times. It could be because they are used to tobacco f.ex. and low quality stuff.

I bought edibles in Amsterdam and they did not work. When I made them myself they worked.

Have you tried huge gravity bong?

I too was disappointed in a lot of dispensaries when I tried them out. But I guess you only bought weed and not hash back in the day?

4. Again with the "I made my own edibles and they worked"? I get it man. I have heard that one before and I'm happy for you. I am unlikely to make my own, and even if I did I need good weed first, which does not seem to exist. Back in the day my friends and I used gravity bongs, and when I was in Europe in the 1990s I smoked plenty of hash. If the weed sucks, using a gravity bong is not likely to make a difference.

Doesn't really address my current situation. What would you do, you go to a place 5 times and the result is nada? Wouldn't you feel cheated? What would your next step be? Hard to believe most dispensaries aren't the same and don't have the same products and get them from the same place.

Have any of you been to Zen Leaf? If not where do you go? What strains do you like?

5. Not sure what telling me I'm one in a billion is supposed to achieve.

6. #6 GroBuddy, Oct 25, 2021
    Not sure what telling us all that mess is supposed to achieve

Just remember before you answer, you got an attitude first.

• Like Like x 2
  7. The only attitude I have is I'm pissed off about my situation. Also I don't know what your experience has been but it can get frustrating trying to communicate with people on the internet. It's nothing personal. I'm sure you're all nice people and I can assure you I'm a nice person too. I'm just frustrated right now.

8. You could try various concentrates.
    Last post on my behalf.

9. #9 Jean Rollin, Oct 25, 2021
    Concentrates he says. Right after I said no thanks to that. All right folks. Sorry to have troubled you. I apologize if I came off as having an attitude. I came here to discuss weed, not to get into an argument.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Honestly id stay away from the legal market if your having an issue and go back to street bud i had to that a couple times to realize the med dispensary i go to was selling subpar product

Sent from my SM-G998U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Here in California there's illegal dispensaries that sell fake knock off products. You're probably visiting a shitty dispensary

One easy way to tell if your dispensary is legit is by looking at their edibles.

Here in Cali the limit is 100mg per package. If the dispensary is selling "500mg" products, that's a big red flag. Another red flag is selling well known brands like sour patch kids, but a cannabis version. Those are obviously fake.

Those "500mg" edibles probably have 25mg in reality. Since they're illegal products, why would they bother being honest about their actual thc content. They likely don't even know how much thc is in them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. What I have failed to do thus far in both this and my previous discussion of this issue has been to tempt any person here to put himself in my shoes. You all have different ideas but so far no one has answered what they would do and what they would think if they had the experiences I had. Five times to Zen Leaf, five times disappointed, five times money thrown in the toilet. If this happened to you, what you do? How would you feel? Perhaps this is just how it is on social media but it seems so hard to get people to take a moment and really engage with what I am saying. There's no law that says you have to and I am not entitled to it by any means. But it would be fantastic if somebody would.

13. I can't understand why you repeatedly visit the same dispensary despite your reports?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Neither do I. I guess it's self doubt. I feel I must be crazy. There's always plenty of people in there. Also I felt all dispensaries must be pretty much the same. It's disbelief. How could they be cheating people? But I have learned my lesson finally. I won't go back to Zen Leaf. But why trust any dispensary after this?

15. #15 GroBuddy, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    If you got shit weed from a dealer would you change dealers or just stop smoking weed. That's basically your options. You haven't gotten a credible response because the majority of us believe this type of post is nonsense. We dont have a magical wand that'll make you high. We've all gotten shitty weed, we've all smoked and not gotten high. It's nothing new or nothing to be so distraught over. What do you want us to say. Did we smoke that weed to know its potency or effects, we dont even know if you inhaled. What if you got a cbd strain or low thc unknowingly we dont know that either. All we know is you say the dispensary bud is shitty.... well ok dont go back then lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. You are correct sir. I would change my dealer. But whatever dispensary I go to, are they not very likely to carry the same products and acquire their products from the same or similar manufacturers? It's not like the dispensaries are growing it themselves.

17. Ours do each dispensary grows their own weed. Grow your own and stop wasting money on their weed

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Same thing happened to me.

How often do you use

Edibles shot my tolerance to the moon.

I used to use every night and got super stoned every night

My tolerance shot up and now I can only use once a week or it is simply pointless

P.S. Don't use Concentrates (Less is More) - Meaning you will get higher by using less Cannabis. Overdoing is one of the biggest regrets I have ever had. Nothing is worse than a high tolerance

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. No he is not.

I am in the same boat.

I once took a whole syringe of RSO (737 MG) all at once

It did pretty much nothing (Made me "Slightly Relaxed")

This is the problem with a super high tolerance.

When I started Out 5 to 10 MG and I would be in another Dimention (Like a Tornado Outside my House would not wake me up)

Now I take 150 Times that and Pretty much Nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Do you do anything to Increase Your High High / Lower Tolerance?

Fish Oil
    Mangos
    Dark Chocolate
    Lemongrass Oil
    I just read about Milk Thistle Today

You also want to cut back how often you use and how much you use

Even if its only a little

If you use every day start using every other day at the minimum (But every day you wait the higher you will get as your tolerance will go down).

If you eat 100 MG of Edibles eat 50

If you take 4 Hits off a Vape Pen take 3

etc.

Same thing happened to me.

This is what I had to do to help fix the problem

Best thing of course would be a 30 Day Tolerance Break Reset

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1