Still trying to tell the sex. Cloning and about to switch to flower. (questions)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mattylofgren, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Hi everybody,

I'm still unsure of the sex on one of my plants:
    DSC03019 (1).JPG
    LRG_DSC03011 (1).JPG DSC03020 (1).JPG Are any of you able to tell?

Here's how new growth on my plant looks:
    LRG_DSC03026.JPG
    Does this color look healthy? I have one or two leaves on each plant that look like this at the very bottom:

LRG_DSC03029 (1).JPG

I've just been pinching them off. Should I be treating for something with this? I'm growing in a closet with a temperature of 75-85, humidity is around 45-50%. Using CFL Sun system with 250 watt bulbs, growing in FFOF and about 25% perlite added. I didn't give any nutes for the first month, then gave a quarter serving of the General Hydroponics Flora series Performance pack, and for about the past two weeks have now been giving a half serving of the GH floraseries pack. Could this be nute burn? Should I go back down to a quarter serving?

Also, I'm thinking that I should switch to flower soon because I'm running out of room. But I'd like to clone my plant that I think is a female. How long would I need to give myself after cloning before I switch into flower?

Any advice woudl be great! Thank you.

2. Hard to tell but that acorn in the corner of the branchs screams male to me.

3. That's what I'm afraid of. They're feminized seeds, but someone on this forum complained of getting males from this company before.

4. What breeder?

5. It's from The Green Solution in Colorado.

6. its not showing sex yet. Some plants are pretty late in showing and some show right away, just have to be patient.
    As far as the nutrients, thats a lot of stuff your adding man. I use ffof and only add biothrive bloom and some calmag and my girls come out beautiful. Doesn't look like a nute burn though, usually the tips of the leaves will burn off and curl down. That looks like a deficiency of some kind, maybe calcium? But, that could be caused by PH issues in the soil. I had some plants that were very sensitive to PH in FFoF, so I started having to PHdown the water to about 5.5 to get the runoff to be 6.2
    IMO, I would watch your PH and see if that is causing the issue.
    And as far as amounts, real quick. I give 10 ml/gallon of bloom, and 5 ml/gallon of cal-mag.

7. Thanks for the reply! I thought I was following a pretty conservative schedule considering the perlite.. But I could back off a bit on the nutes. I forgot to mention that PH has been somewhere around 6.5-7. Do you think I should try to lower it?

8. I try to keep my ph around 6.0, and it is still to early to tell just keep an eye on it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. yes!! You want your runoff to be 6.3-6.7. The plants have a hard time absorbing calcium/magnesium when the PH is that high, which is probably why you are seeing those spots. I had the same, exact issue bro. Lower that PH for sure and you should be good to go.
    As far as the nutes, there are definitely people who add a lot and are successfull. I just follow the KISS method...Keep it stupid simple. AS you progress through grows I would recommend trying less things just to see if you really see a benefit. The MJ industry is like the wild west for advertisers and marketers. Since MJ is still schedule 1 there can be no official studies, so a lot of what you read and hear about nutes are just assumptions based on some science. Not saying its all bad, but I just question putting in so many nutes to a weed that grows wild, you know what I mean? Makes sense to actually feed it what it needs, but I just haven't seen proof of what all the extras really do.
    Again, lots of people use the whole gammut of nutes and are successfull. I just don't know that they are sucessful because of their skill in growing, or if its because of the nutes. Or a combination. Tough to say until you do it for yourself...you know what I mean?