Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Still out of it after sleeping for 12 hours.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SilverSeven, Jul 12, 2011.

1. I hope I'm posting in the right place. If I'm not, I apologize.

I recently moved back to Jersey and I got an old co-worker/friend to hook me up and buy me some pot. He gave it to me and said it was "too strong." I bought 5 dimes. They are pretty small, but, as my friend said, very strong. This is actually the first time I've even smoked by myself. I usually only smoke with friends. I made myself a water bottle bong, and smoked a whole dime. I'm not sure if this is a lot for an habitual pot smoker, but it sure as hell was a lot for me. It was taking a while to kick in, so I just kept smoking until I smoked the whole dime. About 10 minutes later, it finally kicked in. I was out of it. I didn't know where I was and nothing I did to try to lower my high worked. I don't know if it's okay to mention this, but it felt like tripping out on some brands of synthetic weed. Needless to say, it wasn't pleasant. After about one hour, I went to sleep. I woke up about 2 hours ago, and I still felt a little weird, and now I feel even weirder and out of it. I have a lot of stuff to do today, but I'm afraid to get out in this condition. My girlfriend smokes more than me and she said it may have been laced. I know lacing is rare, but given my symptoms, I can see it.

Anyway, I've written too much. tl;dr: I need to snap out of it and get fully sober and normal quickly. Soda seems to be helping a bit. I plan to smoke a much smaller amount over a longer period of time tonight or tomorrow, just to see if this happens again. Why do you guys think I tripped out, and am still out of it a day later?

2. #3 SilverSeven, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
    Thanks, caffeine is helping a bit. I have to go meet with someone for a possible job, so I need to be able to speak eloquently and politely without spacing out. Maybe the walk there will help.

I don't understand why I had such a bad trip though. Can it be because it was too strong?

3. It could be because it was too strong. I honestly have no idea. But I did want to comment on the fact that it could be like the "natural incense". I hate the feeling of that stuff. I've done it once and never went back to it. Weed is so much better. Find a dealer that you actually know. Why would your friend get you stuff that was too strong for you in the first place? Hope you're doing well. Good-Luck at the job interview!

4. 1) placebo into greening out
    2) you greened out you're ok
    3) THC (alot of it) before sleep inhibits stage 4 REM i believe which means that you dont get the complete cycle of sleep your body needs, which leads to waking up groggy/stumbly.
    you'll be fine in a day or so.

tolerance too.

one time i hit ONE bowl just like any other day and greened out.
    receptors glitch sometimes man. its okay.

5. Halfway into my walk, my buzz was gone. I guess all it took was time. I'm smoking some more now (from a different bag) and I feel fine. I probably just smoked more than I could take yesterday.

This stuff gives major cottonmouth. I need a drink.

6. You greened out. To prevent your symptoms, always eat before you smoke. If you don't eat, your blood sugar can be very low which will disorient you and shit. Just stay hydrated and don't smoke on a fully empty stomach. At least eat an apple or something beforehand.

7. Thanks for the tip. I usually eat a lot when I'm high and have the munchies, but eating beforehand seems like a better idea.

8. Dude if your tolerance is low you don't need to smoke a ton... Just a bowl and your good.

Def eat before you smoke.