Still No Smell - 2 Days Into Drying

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jayjaymozza, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Hi, I harvested my plant two days ago and put the buds in a cool, dark, dry space ... its been two days now and still does not smell at all, is this normal? When will she start to smell ?

2. She never had any smell, she was 10 weeks old and not one bit of smell, it only had smell once you touched the bud and got the sticky shit on your fingers.
    She was an auto also ... if that makes any difference

3. That's weird..you don't have a fan blowing directly on the buds do you?

4. Nope, I have them hung in a box which is in a dark, dry, cool place.

5. Is your schnozzle busted?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Any chance it's just you? Try getting a friend to smell a bud and see what they say

7. You cut to soon was it stinking at harvest if it wasn't it wasn't ready

Rastaman vibrations floating through the hill

8. Did you have high temps? High temps during flowering will hinder the development of terpenes.

9. Ah now that might explain, I had temps of 90-100ºF for a while without noticing, will this effect anything?

10. I've been told my buds stink to high heaven, but I can't smell a damn thing since I have "olfactory fatigue". I can barely smell a joint when I'm smoking it, but then again, I ALWAYS smell like weed. My GF likes to call me Weed Pen...

11. It must be what West Coast said about the high temperatures during flowering, I just want to know will this ruin my harvest?

12. Weed with no smell ain't no weed I wanna smoke :confused_2:   Damn OP, that blows :hide:

13. I know, I just hope it starts to smell as it drys more and I leave it to cure

14. It might regain some smell through the curing process, but it will be a faint smell. Expect it to taste flat as well. It's alright though, it will still get ya high.

15. Ive had a few odd plants like that in my time.

Some real shit strains.