Still living with rents

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by grassisgreener1, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Hey,
    I was thinking of trying to grow maybe 1 or 2 plants with CFL but Im not sure where to put it without my parents knowing. My mom is kinda nosy and checks my closet for stuff so I cant grow a marijuana plant in there, and my room is pretty small. I dont have an attic, but I do have a basement. Do you think I could successfully grow 1-2 plants without my parents finding out? Also, some tips please on how to hide smell, sight, etc?

2. uhhh id go with probably not

3. We can give you all the tips you need on concealing your grow, but I don't think you should be asking about whether or not your parents will find out. After all, you know them better than we do.

4. Ok, let me rephrase it. How many of you grow while living living with rents, and have not been caught? Where do you grow the plant?

5. Your parents will take the fall, the value of your house will go down, and it is just total disrespect to grow in your house without the other people knowing. By the sound of it you WILL get caught.

6. Alright, then Ill just stick with buying until I move out. Thanks.

7. Good call. If I were you and really wanted to grow a plant or two to get some experience on how it's done so you can do it right when you get your own place, I would find a good secluded outside location and plant a coulpe of bagseeds. Play with them, learn how they react, and see how they grow. Just don't use your own backyard, the same laws that will cause the rents to lose the house from an indoor grow still apply if the grow is outside on the property.

Almost every town has a railroad line with some wooded areas off of it, even in the middle of the town. Just make sure you have 3 or 4 ways to get to and away from your grow area, and most important...

DON'T TELL ANYONE WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!!

either your plants will disappear right around harvest time or the fuzz will be sitting there waiting for you to come check on them. Bad scenarios either way.

Good luck!

8. i have the same problem. im desperate to go get some experience and grow my own plants. should i try and risk it in my attic where my parents have a chance in finding out, or do the above and find a nice secluded spot away from home ? is there a guide on growing outside in secrecy ?

9. Do you think this is advicable because I dont know of any wooded areas where I could possible grow a marijuana plant successfully because the soil, wild animals, lighting, etc. But do you think I could put one in a small pot and just experiment with LST and just grow it in a concealed place outside? I live in NJ btw, so the only time I would think would be acceptable for a marijuana plant would be spring because in summer, temps rise to 80-90F.

10. If you really wanna grow, you could make a pc grow case, they can cost anywhere from $100-$300 depending on how well you build it and where you get all the things to build it. The downside to it is that you would only be able to grow one plant a time and you unless you had another place for a mother, you would only be able to grow from seed every grow. Also, I'm not 100% sure on this but if for some reason you get busted for growing by the cops, which I doubt would happen if you were only growing one plant, they wouldn't be able to charge your rents if they didn't know that you were growing. But before you do decide to grow, I suggest you think about the consequences of your parents finding out that you were growing.

11. Not true.

12. Oh, well thats why I said I wasn't 100% sure on that. Though that is good information, thanks for clearing that up.