still having heat issues

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by grokind, Jan 12, 2013.

1. okay im running a 400 watt hps in a 3x3x6 tent air cooled hood with a 6" 400 cfm inline fan dimmed to 75% right now ambient room temps range from 65 to 70 cant keep the tent below 81 well i guess 84 because its been running at that for the past few hours when i was in veg with the mh i had no prob keeping temps around 75 77 at the most whats do you think is the prob

2. I wouldn't consider 84 a heat issue. It's a bit on the high end, but nothing your plants can't handle. Make sure there are no holes in your ducting and all connections are air tight. If everything is proper, I don't see your temps getting much better unless you crank your fan up to a higher setting or reduce the ambient further.

3. I have a very similar set up apart from a cooled hood an i had the same problem but mine was hot with mh on.. It's all down to the temp of the air your pulling in.. Do you have good negative pressure? I found that when my tent was open or vent flap was open the intake fan couldn't pull fresh air in as well as it does when tent completely sealed.. Where are you drawing your intake from?

4. Does an MH run significantly hotter than its equivalent HPS?

- I've noticed that mine do - didn't know if it was just my ballasts or something.

5. Mine does too by round 5 degrees

6. I am as well having issues with my tent, Mainly with noise, and heat due to noise(fans not on full blast)

Tent hits around 84 mid day 81-80 with light on during night. 500w blackstar led w/ 440 cfm inline that exhausts out of my closet. I dont have an intake but I have all flaps/ vent holes open. Fan runs on low on my speed control but still noisy even though I put my fan into an insulated cardboard box.

Was debating about putting my tent in the garage but summers get hot where I live, however the garage is atleast 10 degrees cooler than outside. But then I could run the fan at full blast into the attic.

Need input/help as well ~_~
    LetGo

7. The only thing will help you out is to somehow get cooler air going in.. It's a pain in the arse i even resorted to putting bags of frozen peas in front of my intake on my first grow. An intake fan will give you a better chance an if your controller is a 2 way it would make your fans work together.. Failing that you could get an ac unit but that's going to be pricey...

8. get more air circulating in and out of the tent.....my grow is my attic and i have the temps running high bcz of the HPS but i vented the tent and put in a 6" intake fan and that helped. i also opened all the flaps. this is just veg stage mind u.

9. "My kingdom for affordable freon cooling systems!"

10. I have to say mine is running sweet this time round :) temps are between 73/75 with my exhaust at 60% and intake at 50%.. Certainly helps being winter outside tho.. My only concerns are lights out temps at 60/62 and humidity at mid 30s

11. Yeah i live in the UK so I actually heat my rooms sometimes.

12. I know the topic here is about heat but what is the humidity of a room supposed to be?

13. Between 40 an 60% but can be higher in veg an lower during flower

14. Cool thanks. What is the best method to get it down a little. My closet is sitting at about 65%.

15. #15 Goldennugg, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
    If you are in veg then its good as it is.. In flower is a bit on the high side an apart from making sure to empty all run off trays.. I just googled this but don't know what it's like..

http://m.homebase.co.uk/mt/www.home...ay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=782577

Failing that its a dehumidifier i think mate.

If you are in the US Walmart should do something similar

16. Sweet. Thanks I appreciate it man.

17. No worries an good luck!