Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Still feeling distant 4 days after smoking.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Toto567, May 9, 2019.

1. So I've been smoking for about 4 years now, first smoked regularly for a year in music college in 2011. Since 2015 I've never really smoked more than once a week and is often less than once a week. In that time weed has just made me feel chilled. Still feel in control, feel really relaxed, just feel good...and its gone next morning, perfect. Every now and again I reach my limit and feel "high", still fine.

Then there are the times I know I've smoked too much. It usually starts with an ice cold chill through my body, then sometimes the sweats follow, sometimes my legs feel numb and I feel really "light" and distant, and these symptoms will usually cause me to get incredibly anxious/worried for an hour tops, and I feel on the verge of a panic attack. Never have these symptoms made me pass out, or feel sick, or actually brought on a proper panic attack (hyperventilating etc etc)...so far I've always managed to keep these feelings to myself in front of who I'm smoking with. All but two of these occasions I have woken up the next day feeling fine...and these occasions have only happened a handful of times.

So the first time I reacted badly was the first time it stuck around, about two years ago. I still felt weird the next day, a light headed, distant feeling and like I wasn't myself throughout the whole day. This gradually went away the following morning. This time though, this distant "not myself" feeling has stuck around for 4 days. Its not that I still feel how I felt when I was high, but I know I don't feel myself. At numerous points each day I've felt OK (unlike the first time), but waking up in the night and in the morning has brought it back, and today is the only day where I've worried for the whole day, and I've been on the verge of properly panicking numerous times. I'm starting to think this is more my anxious mind not being able to let it go. I'm pretty sure it will pass but I can't stop worrying about it until it stops and I feel like I've got myself in a cycle that I avoided the last time.
    I'm starting to have thoughts it will never go away. Its like, if feeling your normal self was 100%...I'm stuck on 90% and its driving me mad!

All I can say, as much as I love smoking it and hate how its perceived by the media, its put me off smoking weed for good. Does anyone have any thoughts just to help put my mind at ease? Cheers

2. Stop thinking about it, let it go. Accept whatever happens, you can't do anything about it so quit worrying about it. Your worrying is only making it worse. Acceptance! Work on it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ok so I've just got to accept that after only one of two bad highs I've ever had, I'm stuck with this distant feeling for good? A few shared puffs on one strong joint has permanently damaged my brain? Worrying about it or not, surely it will go away in time?

4. Iv had bad experiences never lasted long cold wash rag on forehead on couch in room without people

5. Cannabis induced depersonalization. I have it, but I enjoy it, because I'm an artist. You'll be ok.

6. Do you mean it will go or?

7. It will fade, but when you smoke it again in the future, the same feeling will come back from time to time. Remember - Marijuana IS a hallucinogen. Just think about that.

8. I battle this, i actually smoke more to embrace it, cause embracing it is how you beat it. Dont fear it, accept it, its a paper tiger brother

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Hey I didn't say you're stuck feeling distant for good or that smoking a joint gave you brain damage. I said either way there's nothing you can do about it so stop worrying.

10. Happend to me i would smoke and go to school and be scared inside my brain freaking out lol try different weed and smoke in a calmer area

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Try using a CBD tincture, it's the compound in cannabis that really helps those who feel like you have explained. Try to find bud with a high CBD to THC ratio. Even though the tincture may make you feel sleepy it also relaxes the entire body and mind. I suffer from chronic anxiety and panic disorders and after doing much reading I've now stuck with the so called couch lock strains. I know after I quit smoking for a year I felt the way you mentioned for years later. Now I've trained my mind to overcome these issues, took years to do it. Wish I could do the same feed or chronic pain. But that's a entire different story. Best of luck to you and if it continues you may want to see a doc for the issues.