Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Still confused over Decarb

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by DoDad, Oct 1, 2015.

1. I've found time and temp suggested all over the map for decarbing in the oven.Is there any consensus among the decarboxylation crowd as to which one of these I should use?

1. 240f* - 45 mins.
    2. 290f* - 30 mins.
    3. 250f* - 27 mins.
    4. 310f* - 18 mins.
    5. 212f* - 90 mins.
    6. 290F* - 9 mins.
    7. 220f* - 2 hours

2. I always aim for 250 for 25-30 mins and open the oven a few times so the heat doesn't build up to much.

This link might give you a little more info on the entire process of converting THC-A into the good stuff.

http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylating-...

3. I've settled on 240F for 40 minutes. This is the recommendation from PsychedelicSam in the Another Tincture Thread.

4. I second what joker said. I'm out of likes. Your #1 works just fine unless the material is old and brown, then cut the time back accordingly.

5. Thanks everyone.

I have some leaves I recently harvested and wanted to add some herb to my morning oatmeal. I figured a tablespoon of decarbed ground leaves should start my morning off right.

6. #6 iwearpants, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2015
    it'll work, but cooked/dried plant matter does NOT taste good, fair warning. i like oatmeal and i don't think it'd be a good addition personally. maybe cook it into some coconut oil or butter and add that, it'd be far more pleasing to the taste buds.

edit: for decarbing i personally like ~27min @ 245, my toaster oven only has 5 degree increments.