Stigma for gay smokers?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by The Fat Zebra, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Considering that weed is one of those things that people of all walks of life does, why does it seem like there's a stigma against gay smokers? I'm bisexual, and where I live it's mostly ghetto "gangstas" and rednecks. I've lost dealers, friends, I even got kicked out of a house I was staying at once my orientation came out. Doesn't make sense to me, and it may be just my area, but could someone enlighten me a little as to why this is?

2. There will always be ignorant assholes who arn't worth your motherfuckin' time.

I live in a pretty redneck part of cali, and I remember a few years back I was at a house party where the dude' mom came out and kicked all the black people out of the house lol.

It makes be chuckle to this day because of how stupidly racist it was though.

Point is, haters ain't gonna do shit except keep on muthufuckin hatin'. So just do you

3. #3 iAmBetty, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    It's probably just where you are. Lower income areas tend to have more ignorant jackasses who'll do shit like that. There's good people there too of course, you just might not find them as easily as in other parts.

Edit: and I'm just assuming its a lower income area because you said it's mostly ghetto people and rednecks.

4. Just cause people are petty dude.

Don't see why people care if someone is gay, it affects their life in no way.

5. I dont think this has anything to do with you being a 'bi smoker' and has everything to do with you being 'bi'.

Not that it makes it right, but I dont think mj has anything to do with it.

6. Well, there was a thread some guy made asking if it was rude to ask a gay guy he smoked with when he last sucked dick because he didn't want the dick germs lol. So the weed may be a part of it.

7. The only thing I've heard about gay smokers is that they can clear the shit out of a bong. is that a bad thing?

8. Fair enough, but I think that person would still want to know the very same if they were, say, sharing a bottle of water or something.

9. But I wonder if he asks women when they've last sucked dick, or straight men when they last ate pussy, instead of just gay men. I doubt any of those have any more germs anyway, there's plenty of nasty shit that goes into you're mouth all day but that's another discussion.

10. Right, but again... the MJ isnt the main factor. Him being bi/gay/whatever is the driving factor.

11. Weed wont change every redneck or hoodrat into an open minded, enlightened thinker.

Many people use it simply as a party drug no different than beer.

My advice would be to seek out hipsters, artists, street philosophers, educated liberals, tech nerds, etc to burn with.

The right sub-culture won't give a damn about your sexual orientation.

12. Yea, it's your area. Weed is used by a pretty wide spectrum of humanity.

Head to somewhere more enlightened or those closed minds with be a thorn digging ever more deeply into your side for the rest of your life. Seek out a crowd of hippies or semi-hippies (I've dubbed them "semippies") who think it's a lovely thing to be a bi stoner. Lots and lots of those around!

13. you seem like a pretty cool dude. Finding real people these days is hard to come by, regardless of sexual orientation

14. This. I'd blaze with ya! :smoke:

15. #15 Zera, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    I'm also bi, and a stoner. The two categories don't really have much to do with one another for me. I haven't really experienced people being intolerant of the fact that I'm bi in my normal life, but I'm in college, and young people tend to care much less about such things. (people make assumptions and have misconceptions about me because of it, but the only people who ever wanted to kick me out of a place because of it were gay, and it was on the grounds that I wasn't "gay enough to understand" lol.

I think it's probably your area, or the people who you were smoking with that were the cause of it. Stoners as a group aren't homophobic, (but then again, stoners as a group don't have much in common but weed).

Here on GC there's an occasional person who is ignorant or hateful, but most people here are pretty chill on the subject.

16. I think it all just depends where you live to be honest dude. It's unfortunate that not every location is okay with one's sexual preference but you just gotta find that small group of people who can care less about all that shit and just enjoy smoking together above all else.

17. #17 Anthony777, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
    In my parts, weed isn't restricted to a certain group of people. If you like weed, you like weed, it isn't just gangsters and rednecks.

I only know one gay smoker. He'd be cool, if he wasn't so damn annoying about his smoking.

Every single twitter update. #SmokinKush #420 #BakeUp

Edit: For retrospect

[​IMG]

18. ^^That's fucking annoying.

19. what assholes! my 2 besties are gay, get highhh as FUCK and are so hilarious. definately my 2 favorite people to get high with. when nobody knew they were gay, EVERYONE loved them (Mind you, you really can tell they are homosexually by talking to them,)but when they officially came out nobody really wanted anything to do with them, and honestly it made me love them even more!
    so idk, I think people are f-king assholes and have nothing better to do then hate only people :\

20. think of it as a blessing. you only need to chill with these kinds of people once to find out how stupid they are