Sticky's whirling dirvish perpetual ++

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by StickyEnt, Feb 23, 2021.

1. #1 StickyEnt, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    PXL_20210223_191419459.jpg
    Hey GC,

So, I am dedicating this journal towards my current grow, too much to cover and in too short as possible-

I do this madness for at least three good reasons.

One is freedom of information.

Two is I believe it's a constitutional right to be able to grow a plant, esp if it serves as your personal medication. No one should be able to tell you how to grow it.
    Three, it teaches me discipline, helps maintain a healthy life and is overall a positive activity which keeps me engaged.
    Four(see one), education and knowledge for fundamental building blocks of life and their use should be more not less.
    So I take no responsibility for what is done with what is contained within.
    This has been a long journey to get here.
    PXL_20210218_162652340.jpg
    I am not simply starting off, I am years into knowledge here, like many others on GC.
    I still have many lessons to learn and am relishing in the current lessons with cannabis I am getting.
    I appreciate a place to post this where, hopefully I can help others, meet some cool folks and enjoy life with out imposing my style on others, or their threads. Feel free to ask me questions.
    Only way I can learn is by re examining what I am doing.
    So with out further adu,
    What I am doing
    IMG_20210221_080530984.jpg
    2 bloom rooms, one day time, one night time, stair well up to the attic and the slant of the area for veg.
    2 1000w hps, one per room.
    5 Led hypertoughs Wally world specials.
    (Also exhaust table in workzone I am not really "counting" as transitional covered by a 8bulb t5 fixture)

So nutrient wise I use a range of stuff but for this indoor I am keeping to synthetics. Dyna grow, dyna bloom, cal mag plus, clonex, super thrive, potassium silicate, phosphoric acid, mag pro. Also a recover bios.

I use two dosers for making my stable solution for my girls and boys.
    Yes breeding is the bigger goal here, however running mainly sensi.

So numbers the game.
    I use my area tight, I'm sure some will find it horrific. However I have grown with them seperated and them together and am giving this a try. A new style for me, I was taught in school to do it this way and avoided it or never had resources to start proper til now. So per light is 108++, all in 1 gal bags, 6 per tray. I actually have an extra two trays on one light plus another four.. anyways number numbers probably don't need to get there quite yet..
    IMG_20190826_163625383.jpg
    I look forward to also posting old pics of my past years gardens in this thread, so they will be housed here as well.

Love new life and only one way to get that done, I know of... Or at least want to think about for our current subject.
    Speaking of, new seeds???
    IMG_20210223_121948432.jpg
    GDP, next to MangoSherbertxPurpDPina, and a PurpMtnMajestyxPDP
    Here you can see the difference of bought seed vs home seed. Home is like 3x bigger. Strain has a little to do with it but not as much as how they were grown. I suspect these bought seeds were flowered under LEDs.

I've grown three strains of this company. I have my critics, I'll get into them later.
    Life is too filled with cool stuff.
    Anyways, I look forward to sharing this journey and hope everyone's blazing a fatty.
    I will be updating as I can, a lot is about to happen with spring around the corner and as my wife would call it, my kill shack, I am preparing to move my excess out to.

• Like Like x 4
  2. So second post, today's routine, I water/feed twice a day. Morning and night, I used to do a mid day, however dropped that off due to needing my own time for other stuff and it not being essential. I have dry out days in my schedule.
    Here's a pic of one of my last pull. IMG_20210223_131742139.jpg
    Some nice pretty stuff, some seeds from 2017, a the home strain I have worked some years on.

So years ago i ventured far into the wilderness of northern california amongst the bears, ginseng, madrone and treacherous people.
    Got a whole tub of genetics and have been playing around with them.
    Last year was my first year, buying market seeds since I was 19 and growing weed for my grandpa. Did island sweet skunk, super skunk, flo and burmese back then. Which now is coming up on twenty years ago.. shit I'm getting old.
    So for some thirteen plus years I was just crossing mainly the tub genes, occassionally getting some outside influence but not in excess.
    This last year I got mango sherbert up in the mix and she is a great thing to cross to. I don't like how she did as a grower on her own, however she meshed super nicely with my home strain.
    I also crossed a buddy's Tsunami Cream Soda. Here's a pic of last year's outdoor. IMG_20200918_165812680.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Current veg work I need to do: IMG_20210223_133135212.jpg In my haste to get my genetic pressure built I may have cloned a few too many. So culling time approaches. This unlabeled tray(sheesh I know... Damn, well keeps me from cutting again, see I got rules not to cut off unlabeled... I break it...damn rules..)

• Like Like x 5
  4. So I refer to things in general as pressures.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Nice bro. Whats your turn around every month.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thank you.
    Coming up looking around between 1-2lb per three weeks prolly be my flow once it's adjusted. I did a 600 seed for genetic pressure, they didn't all mature at once and boy a whole adventure in itself just to get them all sexed(finally at last tray of 18 can't the sexing be over for a minute, the end in site you know like having to shit the closer you get to a toilet). And here I sit wanting to start more seeds, lol. I am waiting and it's amazing cause I'm too exhausted to, not really tho, too busy with the other stuff.
    My floor space doesn't allow for a true foot print with 360 access in day bloom, and night bloom is a bit smaller than day and still needs work on my layout/access route.
    However my goal is to average 2 lb every two-three weeks, depending on personal energy levels and strain type of course.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Thatll pay the rent.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Lol, yah, not bad for minimal lighting I think.. blaze a few, bag a few, gotta buy papa a freeze dryer next, but feel like this stuff needs to make that happen not my savings. So working for that, make some fresh froze bomb fire.
    Gonna probably seed out come May and keep it down this summer while I do other stuff(outdoor, light dep) resume full force in attic come Sept. Do a full clean and what not, infrastructure upgrade etc.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Today's activities: IMG_20210224_075925209.jpg As well as cracking these seeds I posted yesterday.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Getting these girls ready for a small outdoor early year seed crop, or just what do I get in a cold frame from plants I otherwise would have killed. Thinking cause light is only morning on the back area I plan the spot to be, I'll run two small leds, do triple plastic, might even run a line I can pull tarp on.. we'll see what I got energy for.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Got this tray of purple punch, but she just doesn't have as much go as this Trinity thunder fuck... Well see which bud I like better cause the TTF has he it the go in her.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Then I am in middle of a breeding project. White widow is my upcoming male.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Here's a pick of the female. IMG_20210224_080544114.jpg
    Then a pic of the male white widow, he on the right, and northern lights on the left.
    Nl is going outside with dep for seeding. Ww is staying inside to end my indoor for clean up/summer activities. IMG_20210224_080638516.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  14. Been busy today picked up media, IMG_20210224_163203062.jpg decided to make this plastic cold frame minimal lighting*. Gonna do infrastructure tomorrow. Doing transplanting today, getting the prospective girls down for repotting into 1 gal bags. IMG_20210224_164612855.jpg moving other I transplant from cells back up under close led. Decided to use a straight coco with worm castings as they will be dealing with cold temperatures at night and I don't want them getting cold.
    I need to keep in mind this will mean they could perspectively need less watering, however bonus- outside! Yay I get to drain.
    Right now my attic perpetual, I aim to never have liquid hit my trays with my bloom, 4 inchers fine, once in a bag- no way.
    How you say?
    Magic...
    No
    Numbers... And got my fingers crossed I can pull it off..
    And the help of my dosers.
    A bit nervous about changing out 18 trays late bloom due to burn, so.. I acknowledge I am on a fine line.
    But I trust in my dosers.

• Like Like x 3
  15. A pic of the mango sherb x pdp I am drooling over currently IMG_20210224_164634424.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Decided to move my older clones which will have two wait two weeks to get entry into bloom cycle.
    I already got new tips of all them so it's good in routine.
    They are the mango sherb x pdp, white widow, northern lights, blueberry and probably a few trinity x Thunderfuck.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Vertigo is a choice.?.!.?
    IMG_20210224_170127518.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. Why I call it whirling dirvish style.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Probably a purple punch or two in there as well.

• Like Like x 1
  20. A tornado of plants.

Got these new transplants situated for the next two weeks, then I'll move em over and top/ address thinning, etc, other inspections. IMG_20210224_174652884.jpg
    IMG_20210224_174649134.jpg
    With a bloom on both sides.

• Like Like x 2