Sticky weed weighs less when dried out.

Discussion in 'General' started by Smellingliketheweedman, Apr 1, 2017.

1. I have been buying the same strain of super lemon haze for quite a while now. The strain is very very sticky to the touch and I've never thought anything of it but I've always wondered why my weed was so sticky and if it was a normal thing. It's sort of like a super glue when you touch it. That's how sticky I am talking about. I have started to dry out my weed and it weighs less than when it was sticky. I was wondering what it could be sprayed with? It gets you smashed and is extremely potent to the smell so it's kinda baffling

2. the stickiness to weed is resin. when its slightly moist its sticky like glue. when its dry its dry like dry glue

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dry weed smokes too fast! Put dried out weed into a Mason Jar w/ a Boveda pack, sealed and It will re-hydrate in a few days if unopened...In a rush? Take weed, place in a Mason Jar w/ a damp paper towel placed into the lid, not letting it touch the weed. Let it sit on its side for maybe 1-2 hrs and it will be re-hydrated and smoke smoother and last longer.
    NO LONGER THAN 2 hrs as mold will happen for sure!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. old dealer trick..get an ounce of cannabis, Tax it (4 grams from memory ???), then add just a little water to the bag. Buds soak up the little bit of water and becomes heavier. Bingo..back to 28 grams..sell to someone else.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I've had it over radiator for about 10 mins and It's smoking slow but when I reweighed it went down in weight a little so probably water. He takes about 40 mins to drop off so that raised alarms to me also a Q looks about 4G but weighs 6.66.

6. Typical English bud dealer only sell for profit

7. I didn't dry all the weed out I have saved a few g's of it sticky as I wanted to see the difference in way it smoked cos the sticky weed which was moist makes it burn too slow and hard to get a nice easy drag

8. why would u sell for a lose for?

people grow to make money..its not cheap to grow and it is time consuming.

Dealing is also time consuming.

Its all risky even if in a legal state.

Making a profit is not a bad thing.

10. It's sprayed with super glue.

• Like Like x 2
  12. From harvest to completely dry, cannabis loses around 75% of its weight. It could be that the product has been sprayed as mentioned. It could also be that it is coming from a local grower who is rushing product out before it is fully dried and cured. I usually jar mine in 2oz portions and it isn't odd to lose a few more grams between jarring and a full cure.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Yeah I know it's locally sourced so it may not be cured. It's impossible to tell tbh

14. Maybe impossible for some people but there's a difference between the smell of cured weed that has moisture added and weed that hasn't finished it's cure. If it smells like good bud but it's too wet it's probably had moisture added so beware of mold. Good bud with the right amount of moisture will be sticky.

• Agree Agree x 1