Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sticky Lickies (Cannabis Lollipops)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by countzer0, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Wow, I really wanna try making these..

2. This is a substitute for corn syrup. A cheaper alternative.
    Ingredients:

• 2 cups sugar
    • 3/4 cup water
    • 1/4 tsp. cream of tarter
    • dash of salt
    Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a heavy, large pan. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and put a cover on for 3 minutes to get sugar crystals off the sides of the pan. Uncover and cook until it reaches soft ball stage. Stir often. Cool syrup and store in a covered container at room temperature. It will keep 2 months. Yield: almost 2 cups. For dark corn syrup add 1/4 cup molasses to the above recipe.

3. would it be alright if i just melted the butter, put the weed in, stir for an hour, strained out the bud then put the liquid cannabutter into the candy mixture?

4. Sure... thats pretty much the procedure...

5. my idea:

use flavored vodka to make "soft crack" chewy candies...

roll the finalized mixture of green dragon and the other regular ingredients out
    slice them in the size of jolly ranchers/tootsie roll...

green dragon is easier to make...(yes, it takes longer to make, but...)
    and in the end you have a soft chewy candy that sends you to cloud nine

whats the vodka to bud ratio for green dragon? (yep, quality of bud comes in to play)

6. does vodka have a high enough ABV to make green dragon, or is everclear a better choice?

use everclear and add flavoring to it later...

OR...

use everclear to make green dragon, and add some good ol' natural lime, and lemon juice... (flavor)
    any flavoring extract can be added to the EC to add flavor as well

TADA!!!
    You get to eat soft flavored candies that get you toasted!

7. I just found this site while looking for a recipe for lollipops. This one is really good! I decided not to make actual lollipops, but instead used little candy molds. Why add a stick when the whole piece will fit in my mouth and be really discreet, right? I was trying to get the size of a hard candy disk, but mine will probably be a little larger.

The taste is awesome! Thanks so much for the recipe. I'm a little worried about the potency though; I'm thinking these will knock me down for a bit. :D

8. I'm definitely trying this!

There was a local "company" that made them by the hundreds and sold them to record stores and all the headshops in my city. patented packaging and everything. the authorities found out about them and obviously they were closed down and charged.

but now ill be making my own !! :)

9. Just demolished one of these, hoping it will kick in soon. Standard edibles timeclock? Going to do a couple bong rips to get the party started.:wave:

10. I also have a 'recipe' for an instant candy mold that is easy. Get a pan deep enough to put a couple inches of powdered sugar into. Pack it down and get something to make indentations in the sugar the size/shape of the candy you want to make. Pour warm mixture into sugar indentations and wait for them to cool. Finish tossing in the sugar and package them however you want. Thanks for the recipe and all the helpful comments.

11. These sound awesome! I can't wait to make a test batch! We are taking on a new patient that lollipops will be perfect for.

12. So question.
    Can you sub oil for butter?
    Here is my thought to make the oil/butter more potent: so throw bud in butter/oil and simmer like normal. Then strain all the herb. But theen put the thc infused oil/butter back in the pot and put in another amount of fresh herb. Simmer and strain again.
    Will this double the potency like I think it will? Anyone ever done this before?

13. When you are not using hash alone, it is very common to begin with a larger quantity of oil than you wish to end with, then run that oil through several batches of fresh herb, straining and replacing the 'spent' herb with fresh, to achieve a more concentrated end-result. If potency, and (especially cost) efficiency is important in your processing, I highly recommend extracting hash from the herb first, dry sift is fine, then making oil with the 'spent' herb, and using that resulting weaker oil as a base for processing your hash.

You should also use coconut oil, as it is solid at room temp, and will not leak from your candy.

It is also crucial to know not only how, but when to add your canna oil to a hard candy. It must be done after boiling the candy to hard crack, during the cooling process, preferably when the temps have dropped below 250 f. This prevents the loss of the more delicate cannabinoid vapors, as well as the degradation and destruction of those remaining.

Here is a recipe good for 'Glowing' Canna pops, and candies. Hard enough to crack for glass candy and non-leaky. For a softer candy, simply stop heating at your preferred stage prior to 300 f. For a caramel, add cream and vanilla:

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-canna-caps-uv-reactive-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html#post9431918

[​IMG]

14. look in the phone book of your local area for cooking/baking/cake decorating supply shops. Yo can usuaslly even get lollipop and shaped candy molds at them. i def want to try this as they also seem they would keep for a while.

15. Thanx man thatsb awesome

16. This looks awesome, I think I'm gonna try it. How much dank should I use while making the cannabutter though?

17. You'll want to use coconut oil, because it is solid at room temp, and you'll be adding it -after- you've boiled the candy and its temperature is on the decline.

Depending on your tolerance, and the quality of your oil processing, you're going to want to aim for roughly 0.35g herb per dose if you make the oil very well. This amount in edible-form can be overpowering for some if made properly, but you'll need to use more if you cut corners during processing, so keep that in mind when making your oil.

Good luck, and have fun :)

18. im here to bump this up

19. yeah this deffinently needs to come back.

20. Hi I made these and they are fantastic!! :)