Sterner's journal- 3x3 flood/drain 1000w perpetual. Buckle up kiddies.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Sterner, Aug 8, 2012.

1. I just top off with tap water as well and then ph the entire res. I always clean and mix new soup every 2 weeks as well. Most people hate doing it but I always see a huge growth spurt in a day or 2 after mixing fresh nutes for the girls. Ive been meaning to try the add-back for a cycle but I get a few floaties by the end of 2 weeks and it drives me crazy. IMO, I wouldnt let a res sit longer than 2 weeks without doing an addback.

As far as flooding times, I would reduce the time in between floods and just see what happens. One reason I love clay is its almost impossible to overwater.

How is your ph looking? Does it stay around 5.8?

2. My ph stays at 5.7-5.9. I just changed the flood cycles to every 3 hours. Now set for 10, 1, 4, 7 and 9:50. Flooding for 8 mins each.

Going to run that for now and see if i see any changes.

3. #43 Trap Bunkin, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
    How the change in flood times working for you?

Also, No need to bubble tap water for 24 hours before use. Chlorine in low levels of tap water are safe for humans and safe for plants as well. Chlorine in tap will also help in killing pathogens for about 2 days, then H202 should be added to protect against root rot and other pesky bacteria.

I hope your using some sort of pathogen control, H202 is what i recommend and use faithfully.

4. i've noticed alittle bit of straighting to the clawed leaves since i've changed the flood cycles. i counted 7 affected with the clawing last night and it's different strains. weird. other then that the girls look super healthy.

I'll take some pics tomorrow night when i do the res change.

i bubble the tap water to remove the chlorine since i run the beneficial micro tea. the chlorine would kill the bene's when i do a add back. if i was using h202 i know it wouldn't matter. when i change the soup, i just fill it with tap water after i wipe the res down, add the nutes and after 24 hrs i put almost a full gallon of brewed tea in the res. it's been doing a great job of pathogen control. no foaming and a super clean res when i change it out.

i could probably use h202 now since i have the slime under control but this is working and is my first go at this, i'm alittle gun shy to change anything right now. i'm just going to keep doing what i'm doing.

5. I forgot you were brewing your own tea.

If you do ever discontinue use of the Benie's I would look into getting some "Calcium Hypochlorite" (pool shock) and run through all pumps, hoses and fittings. This will kill any leftover bacteria as they can turn from good to bad quick when left in pumps and other hiding places.

Hopefully you should see change with new growth, There shouldnt be any clawing, they should be reaching for the light. Can't wait for the new pics.

6. Use that 5gal cooler for a bubble bucket and no more chamber heat bleeding into the buckets.. :hello:

Not sure about the $22 bucks a site though... :D
    But for the 1-2 site bubbler setups, it's worth the $44 bucks IMO...

Pretty cool idea Sterner... ;)

:metal: ON....

7. Thanks Jake. I can't take all the credit though, i did read about it some where. :D

I picked up 2 5 gallon coolers this weekend for my mother plants. I bought them since they were on sale and before they put them away for winter.

the girls look like they are doing very well. the bud sites look like they doubled in size in 3 days. man I can't wait to see the final result. :smoke:

i took a few pics before the light came on tonight so you can see them just with the flash but still can't upload pics. shitty. want to show you guys whats happening. i'll try again tomorrow night. :mad:

8. You can use photobucket :)

9. thanks D. i usually use that but not with these pics. i would be to worried.

on a better note, looks like the image uploader is fixed. updated pics as soon as i get home from work. :hello:

yes, i have to work on labor day :mad:

10. [quote name='"Sterner"']thanks D. i usually use that but not with these pics. i would be to worried.

on a better note, looks like the image uploader is fixed. updated pics as soon as i get home from work. :hello:

yes, i have to work on labor day :mad:[/quote]

Bummer! Hope you get off soon :)

11. c'mon son...

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

getting this error when i try and upload pics...:mad:

12. well i guess i'm uploading 2 pics at a time...

here we go...

Attached Files:

13. round 2....

Attached Files:

14. round 3...

Attached Files:

15. round 4...

Attached Files:

16. 3 pics at a time..

Attached Files:

17. moar pics....

Attached Files:

18. last set... i'm getting my post count up at least :D

Attached Files:

19. i'm flooding every 3 hrs now and not flooding at all when the lights are off. i thought the clawing was getting better but I honestly can't tell. I'm just using all hydroton with no rockwool mat on the bottom and only flooding until it reaches the overflow.

should i be flooding every 2 hrs? every hr?

and it's not every plant or just one strain...

20. the humidity in the room has been around 50% as well....