Stereotype Check...

Discussion in 'General' started by RainyDayWoman, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Ok, the setereotype is all stoners are really good at english and terrible at math. Well that certianly applies to me. I got a A+ in english and a C in math. Fuckin numbers dont do anything but cause trouble.

2. I have an A+ in math and an A in English. I hate english though. It's to subjective, i like things with definite answers. Math can be boring if you don't apply it though, so i like physics better, which i also have an A+ in.

3. oof im the opposite, i hate definitive things like math. in english, i never made a careless mistake that cost me huge in the end, and i never had to worry about formulas or memorization, because the english was all locked up in my noggin. i like the freestyle feeling of writing an essay rather than the sick feeling i got with calculator head.

4. I like writing but I totally despise math. I do better in English classes than math classes but I can generally pull a B average and sometimes an A in math depending on the professor and how much time I am exerting.

5. i had PRE-ALG. fo' like 7 TIMES!!!!,lol still dont understand but cuz am a senior and shit i need ALG 1. fuckin' hate that class tho i have AN A:D fo' one am in SP ED!! WOOP WOoP!!!;) but it's funny cuz he keeps sayin' how good it will do fo' u in tha near future am like yo those numbers aint gonna do shit speacilly cuz iaint goin' to college and all u need to know is plus's ,take-away's and timez maybe basic divion to,lol and you set;) :smoking:

6. man the typical stoner stereotype is the slacker! for me? i'm an elite slacker :smoke: i know all the ways abouts and workarounds and easiest way through asignments....(at my school anyways) of course i can't show my true elite skills the first day...i gotta study the teacher and his/her grading ways and teaching skills/preferance

:D and i still pass

7. lol you ^^^ are fucking ripped. id have been able to tell even if this forum were catholic preist gathering > general > childmolestation > tips and tricks > noahs ark journal variations to successfully brainwash children into believe hands in pants by elderly saves endagered speicies and splits oceans v2 psalm 4.3.2 requiem 3.44 d-minor :smoking: and now ive totally forgot what this thread was about yet again. grades or something ahh you asshole not you the guy above you damnit i was writing okay..then you interupt and screw everything over ahhhhhhhhhhhh :D

8. Yeah, I suck at all math except Geometry. Geometry was so easy, you just memorize a formula, and you're done. I prefer english to math, essays are a lot of fun to write, especially if you can write them about ANYTHING! English class is defanitly the class to be stoned in. You always have to think up idea's for your story, and within 5 minutes of remembering what you're supposed to be doing you will have 20. Philosophy is another personal favorite.

9. I havent taken math or english in 3 years. But, i switched catalogs for my major this semester, so i have to take a goddamn descrete math(????) freshman class next semester. Kind of looking foward to the freshman hotties.

English is alot better to me than math. I agree with the post above about one careless mistake costingme big time. I tend to write sloppy and quick, and i cant count the times i have made a small mistake and got an entire problem wrong. Creative writing (engl. 101) was the shit, but engl 102 blew. I hate having to write about, lets say, the use to satire in Edgar Alan Poe stories.

Thank god im in my 4th year, its all Computer classes from here on out baby!!
    Its funny too, because you take all this shit, math, english, science, etc... to get an associate, but you never use any of that stuff again after you start in on your major. I dont recall a time in HTML class whem my teacher ask me, Scotty, can you describe how cells reproduce? I hate taking shit i wont ever use, but i guess it makes you an all around smarter person.

10. i'm an English major... soooo... hehe. I took the GRE (grad school exam) and when I went to study the math on it realized I had no clue what I was doing. I forgot everything. And once upon a time I took AP Calc.

11. When i was a kid i couldnt read or write for shit. I was in "The resource room" untill like 4th grade cause i couldnt read or spell for shit. then once i leanred english just shot off like a fuckin rocket.
    since then my writing has just evolved into personal brilliance. i may have gotten shitty grades in almost all my subjects once i became a stoner/drug user, all for writing which i got 100% in all the classes i took and choir. singing while stoned kicks ass.
    but math.... that just went from doable to hell when i started using drugs cause most of the time in math i was on dxm, and all the numbers were flying around... and dont even get me started on graph paper... wow.

12. Oh yea, math def. sucks the big one compared to english... writing essays is just the shit when your stoned, unless its an essay like gilligan said. Writing about stupid topics pisses me off and I usually end up getting around 80% on them because I start to get a little smart assy, lol
    "okay boys and girls, hold on to your seats because today your going to be reading about how the united states welfare system works!!!!"

I usually end up with a C in math and A in english classes, but this year I discovered the joy of Statistics and holy shit, math has never been easier... It may still be boring, but at least its easy!

13. Funny shite, im a creative writing major - but on my evaluation exams at my college i scored higher in math which I hate.

i dont get it.

14. hahhahah... sobered, i'm good at english, bad at math.. HIGH: good at math, suck at english..

15. I thought the stereotype was stoners are not good at any school subjects? Either way I guess I'm okay at all main subjects, great at none. and I'm so blind I almost leaned on my kif... back on track, psyc is my specialty though. A few more semesters and I'm done with my ba, thank god.

16. yeah, what the fuck is this guy talking about.
    ...see kids, this is why you should not smoke marijuana it will make you go insane, causes chronic masturbation, and leads to heroin.

on a differnet note: i am much more of an english person, i have never been able to show the remotest interest in math and hate it in general...what do you think calculators are for.
    i like to get high and write papers, it inspires me and the writing flows from me readily compared to being sober where i usually stare at the page and try to think of what to write about.
    is anybody dyslexic or ADD, i think this has something to do with why people are better at english and not math, aside from the whole letter reversal thing.

17. well i dont know why... but i really dont like math, and im really good at it.... have always gotten an a in it... english on the other hand is not the greatest..