Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stepping stone?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BigSexyPanda, Apr 1, 2011.

1. So, I know this has been brought up tons of times, but I guess I was just thinking that the reason why people call marijuana a stepping stone is because it's so damn harmless! Because so much negative hype was built up and then to find out it's all false, I think it makes people start questioning about what other drugs will ACTUALLY do to them. I think it makes you think, "I wonder what other drugs will do?" Just trying to understand so maybe we can start talking this shit out instead of just hating each other.

2. Because some people are stupid and for them it leads to a bad rep and more druggy use cuz they are stupid

3. #3 Oceanic, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2011
    Yeah, that could be a possibility. A lot of people who get into other shit are just dumb little kids and don't know what they're in for in pretty soon they're a fucking addict.

I think it's just the willingness of some people's inner selves always wanting to find a better, more power different buzz. A lot of them are obviously weed smokers/ex weed smokers. And the fact that it's all illegal so it's lumped in together.

I once knew someone who had an apartment for selling weed, an apartment for selling coke, and an apartment to live in. Quite a few of the bigger dawgs on top sling more than weed. Once you get a hold of some cash there's a whole lotta ways to double, triple, quadrouple it.

4. From my experience and from what I've seen happen to friends is weed did not make them want to try drugs. It was more the dealer that would say "Hey I'm out of bud but I've got some of this stuff that will totally blow your mind" and they're just desperate enough to do it.

A few people my friends know actually got into hard drugs because their dealers decided to move up and make money and not just spread the love with the bud...:(

5. i'm not saying you're completely wrong, but the way i understand it, it's a stepping stone because once you're exposed to weed, you're going to be exposed to other drugs. now that probably would have happened anyways, and it's obviously your choice whether or not to indulge, but the paranoid parents like to blame weed for their kids getting hooked on coke and heroin if they smoked weed first.

6. Yeah I bet now theres kids who don't even start smoking until they get medical and never encounter a street dealer. Which leads them to never encountering street drugs. Which kind of sucks if they are trying to find god, but they'll get some acid eventually

7. 1% of cannabis users use heroin. thats not so much. besides we all know you drink milk before booze soo the whole arguement has no proof besides a coincidence. idk im bakin:smoke:

8. I love that. We all drink milk before alcohol, but that doesn't mean one leads to the other.:hello:

Besides, its not the pot directly, its the influences around you.
    If you smoked pot with friends who only smoked pot and nothing else, chances are you'd be on pot and only pot....

9. Yeah... who knows really. I definitely don't believe bud itself is to blame at all. Just the people and the way it has to be dealt given our current legal situations.

For instance, in my personal experience, I did go through a *VERY* short phase of harder drugs, and never looked back since. I was younger, the dealer I had at the time sold a bit of other stuff on the side, and my friends were doing some of it as well. So, all those circumstances combined and a lot of people can fall into it pretty easily.

Just say no. ;-)

10. I agree man, I had the same situation except for probably a longer term than you, but I still agree 110%!:)

11. yay weed!