Stephen King

Discussion in 'General' started by CptDankNuggets, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Any of you fans of his books, audiobooks and short stories? Im a big fan of his work I have read a bunch of his books and listen to his short stories and audiobooks all the time and was just wondering anyone here on City was a fan?

2. I have read many of his books. He's an awesome author.

3. I've read a few of his books. he's a really good story teller. I sometimes am a little impatient with his drawn out description of characters and circumstances. I seen his house once, he and I share the same home state.

4. Definitely. I have quite a few of his works, and some day I plan to finish the entire Dark Tower series.

5. I like Tommy-Knockers, The Langoleers(sp?), and The Stand, that was made by king right?

6. I've read a few books and really liked them. I'm not much of a reader though so I don't read too often. it's hard to really catch my attention. lol. I've read only a couple books i really liekd from any author, that'd be the Harry Potter series (lol), Lord Of The Rings, and all the "A child Called It" books (these are way sad, and kinda brutal what the mom does to that poor kid. All based on a true story, definately give it a read if you enjoy reading, he is a great author.

7. 1. Langoliers (Good choice!)

2. The Stand was made by King.. I love that one.

8. Do yourself a favor and go buy his entire "Dark Tower" series. They are crazy, crazy books that will keep you coming back for more. After those I'd say "the Stand," and then maybe "Desperation."

9. the Green Mile is the only book I've ever read by him, surprisingly.

Though I must concede it was one of the most powerful books I've ever read.

My dad reads Stephen King... it's always struck me as a literature for the elderly. :D

10. Funny Fact: At the time he wrote this book, he was so coked out that he doesnt remember writing 90% of it. He had to go back and read it himself to remember what he wrote! lol

11. Ill have to check them out.

12. I actually plan on doing that, I have only read the Gunslinger, and I plan on going out and buying the rest of them.

13. Weird, I was reading the Wolves of The Calla (DT V) when I saw this thread. The Dark Tower is my favorite series ever. The Gunslinger and Wizard and Glass are my favorites so far but everybook its a masterpeice and the story gets better and better

14. Vicious said it best -everybook its a masterpeice and the story gets better and better

15. right on, yeah i just realized i completely forgot about It, and Storm of the Century, they always play that mini series on USA

16. that was in his late teens and early 20's. Thats why 19 is such a special number to him.