Stephen Colbert stays in character at congressional hearing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Iceni Toker, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Given what we know about economics, I don't think that there are good odds that a significant portion of people will have potentially lower incomes, unless of course, their employer doesn't think they're worth their wage.

Also, what about the tens of millions that are unemployed (or underemployed)? Are they not factored into this equation? It's going to be pretty hard to dispute that abolishing the minimum wage law will reduce unemployment.

Ah, yea, I'm all for creating a easy, legal path to citzenship for those illegal immigrants who are working and aren't violent criminals.

2. yeah,like that Employment Immigrant Visas,but they have to pass a criminal back round check first,sounds fair to me :cool:

3. You being sarcastic? Tell us what you really think

4. Who are you talking to?

5. Weednotcrack..... sounds fair to me...with the smug face

6. I'm pretty sure he was being serious. :confused_2:

7. [​IMG]
    :laughing:

Now i'm just being a smart ass :p

Ps:But for the record,i meant what i said.:)

8. Your taxpayer dollars actually didnt pay for any of it. Watch fox news moar plz.

9. #129 Norma Stits, Oct 2, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
    so because i think my tax dollars pay for what goes on in congress means i watch FOX news?

please explain.

Can't a guy be ignorant of something without being a fox news viewer?

and why do you spell more as "moar" when it's the same amount of letters? I understand plz because it's easier than please.. but moar isn't any easier than more in my opinion.

10. Our tax dollars pay for senators and representatives salary.

Our senators and/or representatives sat here for 5 minutes and listened to this guy crack jokes.
    They could have used that 5 minutes better. End of story.

We paid for it :wave:

11. watch fox news m0ar newb plx. :bolt:

12. Just curious as to what percentage of the money they are paid equals 5 minutes. Out of that, how much did it cost each individual tax payer? :laughing: Kind of silly to say it wasted 'your' tax payer dollars. You've wasted more of your money on the change you misplaced last week when you purchased that food at the grocery store. ;)

13. Ah, as long as it's a small amount, wasting the taxpayer's dollar is fine. Glad to finally understand your perspective.

14. He did this same thing a few years ago....

Ya'll stupid

15. Haha I'm just saying people are getting worked up about tax payer dollars being wasted because it was a popular comedian, but they get their money wasted in ways that cost them a lot more than this by actual politicians. I'm not condoning wasting money, I'm just saying of all things the government does they could find better things to pick at.

16. You're absolutely correct, but this thread is about Stephen Colbert being at a congressional hearing. Not government irresponsibility.

17. well its not that hard...

the place is run by a bunch of fucking retards who just want more money.

18. Yea his show exists for the sole purpose of promoting Obama's policies. Especially since it's been around since 2005.