Stephen Colbert stays in character at congressional hearing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Iceni Toker, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Oh, I don't know, salvaging what's left of the economy....

2. Alright then go ahead and get yourself in that position and get to it. Until you try, stop complaining about what everyone else is doing. It's like somebody is milking your cow wrong but instead of milking it yourself you sit on your porch and bitch.

3. I'm not old enough. :wave:

4. Why not? :wave:

5. Formalities

6. I'm not getting involved in the whole colbert debate cause i really don't care about what he did in congress but as far as illegal immigration i came across this posted on another site and would love to hear peoples inputs...why in the hell is or illegal immigration policy so fucking lax????

Cross the North Korean border illegally you get 12 years hard labor.
    If you cross the Iranian border illegally you are detained indefinitely.
    If you cross the Afghan border illegally, you get shot.
    If you cross the Saudi Arabian border illegally you will be jailed.
    If you cross the Chinese border illegally you may never be heard from again.
    If you cross the Venezuelan border illegally you will be branded a spy and your fate will be sealed.
    If you cross the Mexican border illegally you will be jailed for two years.
    If you cross the Cuban border illegally you will be thrown into political prison to rot.
    If you cross the United States border illegally you get:
    1 - A job
    2 - A driver's license
    3 - A Social Security card
    4 - Welfare
    5 - Food stamps
    6 - Credit cards
    7 - Subsidized rent or a loan to buy a house
    8 - Free education
    9 - Free health care
    10 - A lobbyist in Washington
    11 - Billions of dollars in public documents printed in your language
    12 - Millions of servicemen and women who are willing to – and do – die for your right to the ways and means of our constitution
    13 - And the right to carry the flag of your country - the one you walked out on – while you call America racist and protest that you don't get enough respect.

Doesn't make any sense does it??? Its not a racist or not racist issue its a policy issue and i hate that the left keeps making it seem like anyone who is against illegal immigration is a racist somehow to distract from the real issue at hand.

Its sad the dems will go to any length to keep that latino vote.

7. I'm curious, how old is Elmo?

8. :confused: I hope you don't really think that.

The electorate politics in the U.S. wouldn't allow me to make an attempt at milking the cow.

Also, to equate 'bitching' about Congress to (your analogy), is ridiculous. I don't own the United States, but i'm directly affected by it. As is 330 million other people.

9. I'm not sure. Also not sure why you're asking me this?

10. it's been integrated into the debates already... so why not? :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

11. They might not let you take an attempt at milking the cow on a political level, but there are other ways to grab an utter. If you're so poorly affected by the United States maybe you should consider moving.

Because you said your not old enough... Elmo testified before congress... How old is Elmo?

12. Lol @ "love it or leave it", I no longer wish to continue this conversation with someone who subscribes to that...

At the request of Representative Cunningham..

I highly doubt a congressman would request me to testify before them, explaining both R and D's faults. Negative publicity, not for a specific party, but for the establishment :laughing:

Do you get it yet? It's all about the money :laughing: , they don't want the masses to see them for what they are. I'm sorry I had to be the one to tell you that, though.

13. Elmo testified before Congress?!?! What?

Oh and if I hire someone to milk my cow and instead that person tells jokes to my chickens, yea im not going to be happy.

14. #54 Olesmoky, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
    Haha my point was supposed to be that congress is a fucking joke, and everyone is getting butt hurt about a comedian being there making jokes. Obviously you're not going to leave the country. Obviously politics are run by money. People who vote for politicians don't know half of what they're doing, and the entire system at this point is a joke.

By the way, you didn't willingly hire anyone to milk your cow. You were forced to hire them. You don't get to choose whether or not you pay taxes. When you paid those taxes the people who chose the person to milk your cow are to blame, not the person who was supposed to be milking.

15. i thought it was funny,but some people are reading way too much into it......:rolleyes:

16. for being a joke, they sure are making alot of REAL legislation.

Your cow idea is kicking my butt so im just going to refrain from that. Yes, that lady is to blame for inviting him to testify but even her fellow Democrat asked him to leave. Colbert should not have been such an asshat and she should not have invited a comedian to speak about immigration. How does being a comedian make you an expert on immigration policies?

17. can u name an expert on immigration?:confused: (didn't know they exist)

18. Everybody knew 100% what his intentions were going into it. If anything they should have never allowed it in the first place, but they did. Now everyone is getting mad at Colbert for doing what he made pretty clear he was going to do. Heres an analogy you might approve of... You know somebody is going to rape you, but you go on a date anyways... then after they rape you you're all... What the fuck... damn rapists! :rolleyes:

19. You introduced that analogy.. and this part of your post goes against it? :confused:

(btw thanks for the neg rep)
    [​IMG]

:laughing: All in good fun.

20. Dont be a clown...

People tried to stop him. Watch the video again.