stems turning pinkish red

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by realdealz28, Apr 1, 2005.

1. I have an indica dominant 1.5 month old baby(its been inside beside a huge window at night and outside on the really nice days...it recently has stayed outside for 2 nights in a row and hardly got any sunlight as the days were nasty and wet.) and the stems for the big 7 star fan leaves are getting reddish purpish pink on top like its a crust? or hard hair ....maybe bark? lol i know it sounds stupid but i don't want anything to go wrong...it also has some browning and yellowing accuring on the premature leaves tips and some of the big fan leaves...over all the plant looks really healthly with fairly close internodes.... i am going to start a journal soon and another journal of my blue crystal and white heaven grow from world wide seeds. All the growing is being done outdoor. pics soon

2. some strains will have reddish leaf stalks as they mature, esspecially indica. the browning of premie leaves is not cool though. what type of soil do you have them in?

3. I'm not sure of the soil type... my mom uses it...she always has... what type should i be using so that I will know what to use.

4. the temp is changing or like u said not enuff sun..... as it get colder the stem color change, especialy during flowering period.. stem end up red too purple cuase of weather.... About the brown yellow leaves, it might be u are feeding it too much (fert burn)... if their is enuff sun light give it a flush.

5. well thanks... as for the pinkish stems not to worried...looks like a personal characteristic..i will bring pics soon. the browning and yellowing (since i got yalls response could be either) underlighting ( past two days been raining with no sunshine hardly at all and my plant stayed outside. thanks guys

6. Browning never really comes form underlight...if it did the plant would well...look droopy and dead...one thing you have to watch with soils is that they don't have "slow release fertilazer" or ferts mixed in...These tend to build up over time as you water it and when the plants roots hit those areas in the soil can cause burn...Anyway the sooner you can get a pic up the faster you can get a definite answer...oh the red/purple stems are fine...some strains do it naturally others it occurs when stressed or mature...anyway good luck!

7. another thought, if your plant has poor drainage or is over watered it can also present problems, you should wait to water it until the top two centimeters or so is no longer wet. but your soil is probably the problem, organic is the way to go, also a great way to make soil is start a worm box with dirt leaves and other bits of vegitative matter. worm castings are great, it also serves a dual purpose if you enjoy fishing.