Stems and stalks are purple

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by MJ Green, Jul 11, 2010.

1. I've got some outdoor plants that are turning purple as they grow. It's been colder this summer-50's-60's, fog, hi humidity. However, the plants appear healthy and are growing. At first I thought it was the strains: OG Kush and SFV ; but now some others are looking purple. Maybe I'm just growing purple kush?
    Any ideas.

2. it can be strain, stress, temp, a lot of things can do it to them i like how it looks my self
    if they are doing ok then dont stress just keep an eye on them good luck

3. I had the same `problem` last season. Everything was dark purple except leaves. The plant was growing fine. I found out that it was Phosphorus deficiency! I have added some extra P to the soil and the new growth was healthy green.

>Try this, if this wont work then it must be colder temperatures or genetics and nothing else.

laterz

4. generally when the stems to ur leaves r purple and leaves are green,thats a deficientcy.also 2 dif strains with the same characteristics is enough to say its prob not genetic.This happens alot in younger plants that need tranplanted or if your in the ground you just need to fertilize this generally isn't that big of a deal and easy to remedy.I highly doubt you got multiple dif gene pools and there all gonna be purple.unless u one the gene lottery(I love purple strains).so either food and if it continues and there vigorous I wouldn't worry bout it.It could be from the micro climate ur in with temps and whatnot.