Stemless or diffused down stem?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Glassworks, Jun 28, 2011.

1. I just picked up a new GravLabs stemless 12 arm the other day for around 270 ( will post a thread with pics and milk shot later) its the best tube i've had so far but i was just wondering, is stemless better than a diffused downstem? i mean i've always been under the assumption that it is much better but i never really knew why so...who wants to help me out here. :bongin:

2. It really depends. I would say that from what I've seen as of right now stemless has the edge. I think it will probably stay that way, as you can do much more elaborate things with a stemless because it doesn't need to be removable. There are certainly stemless tubes that aren't as good as some with stems, but If you had the best stem vs the best stemless perk...stemless all the way.

3. In my opinion, the stemless is preferable. Obviously both will "do the trick", but the stemless has less pieces to break and less places air could escape.

4. Fixed stem>diffused downstem>stemless

5. #5 tokinvapes, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2011
    imo yes. very much so. the percs you can get out of a stemless or fixxed stem design completly blow away anythign you can find on a diffy.

i own one diffy tube, and i hate it. lux beaker to 5 arm.

i own 2 stemless and one fixxed stem tube. TORO disk, SG inv. 4, SGW waffle, all are far and away superior to any diffy design i have toked on.

i disagree, why do you a stemless design is worse than a diffy? you do realize some of the best perc designs out there are stemless right? including the SG inv. 4, the SG pillar, SGW turbine etc....

aside from that fact, the issue of joint strength is a good point too. w/ a stemless tube you have one less piece of tubing to break, usually the female is thicker than the walls of a diffy, and the joints ( at least on all mine) are thick.

given when you break a diffy it is cheaper to repair than a stemless / fixxed stem joint, i still think the overall design structure of a non diffy tube is superior.

IMHO, diffy tubes are a dying breed, the only companies i know of putting out quality diffy tubes are SB and Luke Wilson at the moment ( i may be wrong ) while you have at least 6 shops putting out great stemless anf fixxed stem designs. Even SG, the shop to come up w/ the greatest diffy ever imo, has stopped making diffy tubes i think. i know he still makes the grid diffy as a replacement, but i dont think he has made a tube w/ one in quite the while.

6. Your right I was thinking of natural stemless tubes.

7. ahh ok them, if you were talkign about plain old natural stemless with no real means of diffusion then yes, i agree.