Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stem tea?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by rozal, Sep 15, 2013.

1. I saw this posted by someone

Makes sense to me, curious how much more thc would come from adding some fat, or if I should just make it in straight water? Would a little butter make it taste gross? Wanting to use these stems for something. Do you guys think I have enough? Got these from a 1/4 of weed. Dunno the weight but most of them look coated with crystals. I see people talking about putting like 2 and 3 grams of stems in their tea though, I may not have enough yet? Picture coming next post on my phone

2. #2 rozal, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2013
    picture :bongin:

Holy shit that's huge when you click it. My bad.

Attached Files:

3. Some (including myself) suggest a bit of butter. Doesn't have much effect on the flavor, not that drinking that shit plain is very tasty anyway. Never tried it with stems, but you'd probably need alot. 

4. Thanks for the reply. Just made it used 1 tsp of butter, 1 cup water, and all my stems broken up. Put the stems and butter into a mug, then added the boiling water and stirred for 30 seconds or so, put the tea bag in and let steep while stirring occasionally. Poured it back into my measuring cup that I boiled the water in and strained it into the mug. Added some stevia (sweetener) and and drunk it.. Wasn't bad tasting really, I kept stirring as I was drinking so the butter wouldn't make it thicken. Then I took the damp stems put them on some crackers and ate them (figured wtf why not, saw someone else say they did this. Plus if theirs any activated thc left on them I'll get it). Been about 20 minutes since finishing the tea and 10 since finishing the crackers. Think I'm starting to feel it behind my eyes will report back. Hope it works :)

5. Well, been about an hour since finishing the tea. I'd say I'm pretty buzzed. Not stoned but very relaxed, and a nice feeling. I'm sure if I used bud or more stem I'd be pretty high. Didn't really know how high I would get but I'm pretty satisfied, better then nothing for sure :D

6. I've made some chronic stem tea before. Downside is that to actually get high, you need A TON of stems for a cup or two of tea.

7. #7 rozal, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
    Yea, you'd probably have to have a whole lot if you really wanted to get stoned. These were from some pretty dank stuff too, and were frosty. I might try it next time I pickup some bud, or I may try making something else.

The nice buzz I had probably lasted a good 2 hours before starting to fade and then maybe an hour or so after that before I felt completely sober again.

8. unrelated to cannabis but if your making tea with butter you should get some spicy chai tea, (its sold everywhere) it is often made with milk and wouldnt hurt the taste