Stem Snap

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by morp, Mar 19, 2007.

1. okay, these are dark times for me... ive been lsting my tallest, slightly stretched vegger for a couple of days to instigate more branch and general lower growth. being looking real good for it, lots of new leaves appearing clustered to the stem. however, after repositioning it this morning i, being a fackin retard, pulled on the string by accident connected to the top of the plant, snapping the main stem about 2 nodes up, and severing the 3/4 new growth nodes at the top.

okay, so the main stem is not completely severed 2 nodes up, it stil has 'ligaments' attatched. i have propped it up with a cane to get it as close to how it was as possible, thinking maybe it will fix itself?? any feedback?

also, i dipped the stem of the top few nodes into rooting powder but didnt have any rockwools to hand, so i just dumped it into a soil mixture containing a little sprouting for now. ill check to see how he's doing regularly.. any suggestions or nuggets of knowledge??

any comments or feedback would be much appreciated to let me know the depths of the shit storm to which ive ventured. im feeling pretty low right now. take it easy buds

PS. ill add pictures later this avo after giving it a bit of time to rest, i cant bring myself to go in there right now

2. Somewhat lost by your comments about rooting the tops in soil, but as for your stem break, get back in there now, and splint the stem with some sticky tape or band-aid.

I've snapped stems clean off. I usually splint them with a bit of airline hose slit up the side, and they repair themselves leaving a big strong knuckle where the snap was.

Just put the broken bits back together as best you can, then tape 'em up.

Speed is of the essence old chap, don't delay.

3. if most of the stem is alright you might save her with some kind of splint. good luck rooting the top. your biggest fear is an air bubble getting into your plants veins, it would kill her. I hope you can save her, gl

4. MJ can survive some crazy things. Not sure about the top, but I bet the other break will heal up just like Rabiez said.