Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stem Question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Asterisk, Feb 15, 2009.

1. #1 Asterisk, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2009
    Ok so I ran out of weed and I can't get any for a while. and my friend found my stash of stems and said we could smoke those. I don't think it would do anything but he keeps insisting so I thought that I would come here and ask if smoking stems would get you high?

Edit: well I got my answer I just had a bowl of like 4-5 stems and I'm pretty high.

2. I've heard that it tastes pretty bad and dries your mouth out, with little high, if any.. But I've never done it, so I don't honestly know.

3. you'll feel a littel high. believe me i've done it. but nto nearly as good as resin or bud

4. ive never smoked them alone but i have chopped them up real fine and threw them in with shake, didnt get a headache, didnt taste bad or harsh.

5. Eh you could make tea out of the stems, but wait what you got high off stems :confused:

6. if you want to feel something do it. ive done it and depending on how potent that bud was, it works.

7. They will not get you high. It's all in your head. They'll make you a bit lightheaded from inhaling the carbon monoxide in the smoke but they have very very little THC.

8. it will get you a bit high, but you could make something better with them rather than just smokin em.

9. well it was from chronic so it probably had more than typical lol

10. Doubtful. There are small amounts from resin that sticks to them. You'd be better off collecting a bunch and making qwiso with them.

11. i've smoked a shit load of stems before and it got me as high as about two hits from a bong makes me, not great but if you need to get high it certainly works to a certain extent, don't recommend it though, just wait one or two days and buy more bud!

12. i was wondering what to do with about a half oz of some stems just a couple weeks ago.
    the best thing to do would probably be to turn it into bho or qwiso i guess, though you'd need a lot and wouldn't get the best quality of product.
    i didn't care a whole lot so what i did was put them in a canister and shook them up like all hell for a while, dumped it out and gathered all the fallen off kief. did it twice with the same stems. got quite a bit of kief actually!

i learned that from waytoomany

13. i read somewhere that if you put the stems in a pill bottle and shake it you can get keif and then smoke that. idk if it works, but im going to try it soon.

14. dont use a pill bottle use a glass jar. and yes it works, very well.