Stem Hash

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by BellaAddams, May 12, 2010.

1. I am interested in making some kiwso with my grinder, shake and stem and I haven't really been able to find a clear answer to this:

Do I need to grind up the stem or should I just soak it, if so for how long?

I have about a half o in stem and shake plus my grinder which is absolutely caked, and im using 91% iso.

I'm not interested in hearing about how shitty the hash will be etc, I'm not expecting great or even really good stuff, I know all of that. Just wondering the best way to go about this.

Thanks!:wave:

2. yeah i would grind them. maybe freeze them for 10 minutes then grind them then wash'em.

3. hey thanks

I should straing it then right? It seems like i wouldn't want the wood stem in the hash haha

4. Yes, strain through a white coffee filter. I've read, keep your washes to 30 seconds, no more, no less. Good luck!

5. took the words right out of my mouth, i would say try and find some non bleached coffee filters though.

6. awesome thanks for your help guys :) Ill post how it goes

7. no problem, and please do, i usually just use my stems to harvest keif, but i might think about doing this if all goes well. :wave: