Stem bent on seedling

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NoviceGrower625, Apr 20, 2017.

1. So my seedling is 9 days old. It seems to be growing well,but the stem is very weak and has a bend at the bottom. The only way I get it to stand up is by packing soil on the sides to get it straight. Is there anything I can do to get my stem to straighten out and get stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. High!
    A photo would help but it sounds like it stretched on ya... got tall and lanky, unable to support its own weight?
    If so, i would do as you have, add more soil to make it stand up, lower the light and keep temps around 73F. additionally, I always put a fan blowing mostly between the bulb and plant, the amount of air hitting the plant helps to strengthen the stems while most of the air dissipates the heat.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ^--------------------That be my guess or your RH is too low.

4. if the stem looks normal, but bent, it's most likely an issue of not having enough light and the seedling is stretching out and falling over.

If the stem is shriveled at the point of the bend, it's probably dampening off from too much humidity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I put a straw around where the stem is bent. Will this help the stem straighten out?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. I dunno but looks like it's working and I have seen that done before but don't know how it turned out.
    Are you just out of soil or whatever that is? why not just add more? bury it up.

7. Damping off occurs as a result of seeds, seedlings, or roots being attacked by fungi from the soil. When this happens, nutrients are no longer able to travel throughout the plant. Because your plant is malnourished, the stem becomes soft and weak. In time, this causes the plant’s death. Certain fungi, like Pythium and Rhizoctonia, commonly grow in soil that is moist and contains a large amount of nitrogen. Pythium causes spores while Rhizoctonia is an asexual parasitic pathogen that will cause disease in your plants.

• Informative Informative x 1