Stefan Molyneux appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by m00zix, Mar 16, 2012.

1. The bomb in the brain.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbiq2-ukfhM]The Bomb in the Brain Part 1 - The True Roots of Human Violence - YouTube[/ame]

2. #42 JohnnyWeedSeed, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013

WOW, the section between 8:00 and 9:40 just blew my mind. Not that I didnt realize that at a basic level but to hear it said like that is so powerful. If you havnt already, go check out that 1.40 min clip.

3. ^ That is classic. paraphrased, "A good start is to not give them armies.."

4. This 5 part series that Stefan said would change the way you think forever, definitely delivered. This is part 4/5 which is one of the important parts. I suggest watching all 5 episodes. Pure gold. The purpose of these videos is to help you change the minds of people.

The world isnt full of bad people... its full of brain damaged people.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S16EHfKRLfc]The Bomb in the Brain Part 4 - The Death of Reason - The Effects of Child Abuse - YouTube[/ame]

5. Not that this has to do with politics, im amazed to see he did a review on my favorite show of all time... FUCKIN LOST!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVG2qkXO4xU]The Truth Behind 'Lost' - A Philosophical Review - YouTube[/ame]

6. Was re-playing the FTSY #3 and it resolved a curiosity I had. The first time I wondered why he got choked up when 'acting' out the different empathetic responses to the "against me" argument.

This time I realized he wasn't acting but rather re-living his own thoughts when he went from minarchy to anarchy.

At around 28:00 Stefan starts the "pinnacle" of empathetic responses. Then at around 42:00 he talks about the confrontation with himself. It struck a chord with me hence this post.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZjc5VwSlzA]The Fascists That Surround You - Part 3: Statists - YouTube[/ame]

7. Has anyone seen this? lol.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFgCBwS57GU]Be aware of Stefan Molyneux and the Zeitgeist Movement - YouTube[/ame]

8. #48 Deleted member 472633, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    Ok my reaction to the skynews part of the radio is, that this guy is not a child he is 18, he chose not to attend college and live with his parents thats his choice. They provided absolutely no evidence that freedomainradio is a cult at all. They just have a "professional" say it is. Which is an Appeal to Authority fallacy.
    I do think its stupid for this 18 year old man to treat his parents that way, its called compassion but really, when I was 18 year old i had the same sort of problems with my parents

Okay the second half was just his reaction to the accusation, I think he gave an excellent rebuttal.

9. ^^ I wonder what that lady was thinking when she said, "He's never coming back."? As much as I want to speculate, I don't know any details about how she raised her son, so I'll refrain. I will say that it would've been helpful for SkyNews to provide details about, "She admits she hasn't been a perfect parent."

@James
    Not trying to stroke your ego,but pt. 1 was a great analysis.
    /waits for pt. 2

10. Whoops...didn't notice edit.
    /feels dumb lol

11. Stating what was wrong with the Ron Paul. Then again Paul brought me to minarchism which ultimately brings you to anarchism. I agree with most of the things they're bringing up on here.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEZsOZO5hmk]The Anarchist Roundtable: Ron Paul - with Stefan Molyneux, Wendy McElroy and Brad Spangler - YouTube[/ame]

12. #52 Deleted member 472633, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    Has anyone taken the A.C.E. test that Molyneux talks about? I took it and got a 7 verging on an 8 (scale is from 0-9, 0 being no abuse, 9 being extreme abuse). My sister remembers things going on in the household that I don't. I don't remember being sexually assaulted when I was a child she... has other memories.

I was wondering if other libertarians had been abused as kids and if that lead them to question authority and eventually the state.

13. @Mairuzu
    Yeah I don't know where I'd be without ever hearing Ron Paul. He inspired me to look up the philosophy of liberty...which blew my mind. So I give Ron Paul a lot of credit, even if might seem otherwise.

@James
    I know for a fact my childhood produced an 'anti-authority' mentality. My biological father :) abandoned the family when I was 3 (actually it's my first memory). Then my mom's boyfriend physically abused me while my mom turned a blind-eye. So I can remember when given orders on how to "act right" my thought was, 'who the fuck are you to tell me what's right and wrong?'.

The philosophy of liberty fulfilled my desire for consistency and Stefan Molyneux got me to realize the critical importance of morality and 'practicing what you preach'. Obtaining self-knowledge is the process I'm in the middle of now.

14. Disappointing video. Molyneux and his panel level some of the same allegations against Ron Paul that have been hurled at them. They used the word "cult" to describe the Ron Paul movement and they even said neo nazis support him like its paul's responsibility.

Paul does have his faults and stefan showed some of his in this video. Its okay though we are all human and we all act hypocritical once in a while.

15. Thats exactly how I felt also. That and my experiences with drugs especially MJ made me realize I've been lied to all my life. If MJ is not an EVIL Satanic herb then what else are they lying to me about? And why?

16. #56 Mairuzu, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
    I might not be accurate since the brain does what it wants, accordingly, but I'd like to believe that my stance on being against authority was mainly due to my encounters with police due to my stance on marijuana, which I barely started messing with after my high school indoctrination.

Here is the test. I'll try it out. Id say my abuse, from a 1(none) to 10(child called it) mine would be about a 4

Health Presentations - Home

Edit: I scored a 4

17. I've taken it, but I scored a 0. :eek:

My parents and I disagree on many things, but they're ultimately reasonable, happy people and I lived a relatively blessed childhood.

18. I'm at about 30 minutes and now he is gloating that the Ron Paul Movement is going to die and that political libertarianism will be destroyed for a generation, like its a good thing... He also called the Ron Paul Revolution a devolution. Pretty childish, as the video seems to go on its getting worse unfortunately.

Also the reason Ron Paul supports a strict immigration policy is purely practical and logical. With our huge welfare state welcoming every poor person into the US is economic suicide. The economy is already hampered by the welfare state taking care of the poor in this country imagine taking on the burden of taking care of the worlds poor.

19. Well you have to understand that they are pure anarchist and it seems to be that they have been for a while. So any movement that has to deal with legitamizing the state and claiming that the state can be controlled is something they will be against.

As we can tell now, the movement was a failure.

But then again, Stefan claims that we wont see any sort of stateless society in our generation, and maybe not even the next. It just seems that their judgements arent based off the ugly society we live in but based off the idea of stateless societies.

20. A failure if you believe the goal was to capture the presidency, but I think it goes beyond that, I think its about educating, spreading the message and slowly winning over the population.
    I think the only way were going to get to Anarchism is Miniarchism.

Agorism at least how I understand it is a dead end, try living outside the state and not using state services when 50% of your income is taken away from you. Or when state policy economically ruins you.

As it is I am being forced into the position of needing welfare, with obamacare and tax raises. I am trying to make ends meet on part time wages thanks to my hours being cut. I need surgery I can't pay for, at this point I'm very close to having to seek assistance out of necessity. Its only my aversion to state assistance that has kept me from food stamps, all of my fellow workers are now on food stamps thanks to tax increases and obamacare.