Steel Storage Grow Cabinet

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by bigb2010, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Im looking to make a custom cabinet almost identical to the one in the link below if anyone has a design for me and cheap places to buy the products i would greatly appreciate it... :smoke:

Super Closet

2. yeah that would be great if i hadnt already done that im not talking about the structure its self but the layout internally how the ventilation will be ran ...

3. that price is nuts man

4. for sure man ...

5. You can't just build in a wooden cabinet like that.....bad, bad advice....

6. Uh yeah you can. ;) I've seen plenty of grow journals here and on other forums of DIY cabinet/boxes and they perform great.

7. have you thought of a gun safe

8. A gun safe essentially is a locker...but expensive.. You can build a wooden locker or buy a metal locker instead of a heavy super protected gun safe..:D

9. A gun safe is the same price as a locker most of the time cheaper.

10. I can suggest that Amazon will be the great option for you to get storage cabinet. I like your design and structure as well to store many other stuffs. I can research on it and you really get good design with good structure. I appreciate that.

11. i have one! i have only 1 harvest in there but ill try to explain it best i can as i do not have any up to date pictures. the cab is split in two, bottom shelf t8 floro lights for a veg. and the top is flowering. i have a 400w cooltube mounted on the top http://forum.grasscity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=815296&d=1328887653

i have 3 fans in total 2 around 170cfm and another smaller computer fan. there are inlet holes for the air to be sucked in on the bottom under the veg part through light tight boxes on each corner of the shelf so no light gets through. and into the cooltube and out. ending with a carbon scrubber. when i get home i can take a whole bunch of pictures for some ideas. hope that made sence :p:smoke:

12. That is very great idea regarding steel storage growing box. I am so much confused about it and that is why I prefer to choose online option. But now I flush it off all old ideas and just do concentrate on making DIY storage grow cabinet.

13. im doin the same thing right now what i am gunna is lay the thing down and take my saw saw and cut a square out same for the intake and outtake and then take 2 cp fans put 1 on each of the vents and silicone it onto the square i cut out (be sure the fans are facing right direction) lights and outher equptiment should e installed after everything is takin care of also what are you using for light cause if its hps i have to reccomend a cool tube