Steath drying and harvesting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by youndbud, May 12, 2011.

1. #41 boatdock, May 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    AAAANNH! Wrong, heat deteriorates thc.

2. Works, but takes a lot longer than a week. I did mine in a tent, and realized it is always very moist under a tree especially at dusk and dawn. This makes it hard for the buds to dry, takes almost 2-3 weeks before they're ready. I even had to put mine in my shed for a few more days. (But I hear the slower the dry, the smoother the smoke...and this was some of the smoothest smoke I have ever smoked personally, all friends agree :rolleyes:. So now that you got my thinking...I may have to try a slowwww dry with some bud and see the difference :D

3. im not i live in cali with my grandparent and they grew they let me grow like 3 of em by my self but i never saw any of that weed after it was done

4. My attic is actually quite cold :eek:

5. Judging by your use of grammar and language, there is NO possible way you are 18 years old, either that or your IQ is even lower than your age.:rolleyes:
    I hate to be mean, but your stories are sounding like complete bullshit... 1/2 Lbs. Indoors? hahaahahahahahahaha! How big was your grow space? What medium were you growing in? What kind of lights did you use and how many watts did each bulb have? How many plants did you grow?
    If you have to make a thread on how to dry your grow outside, because you need to hide it from mommy and daddy, that is usually a red flag to me that you are underaged, and looking back your stories are not lining up.... you live with your grandparents... who are okay with you growing weed.... but you need to hide it from your parents?
    Why not just dry it at their house?
    If i was you, I'd let myself grow up for a few years before you do ANY growing. Wait to move out of your parent's house, because if you get caught it is their asses that will be going to jail for the actions of their infantile son. And in those years that you wait, do some research......
    Just my 2 cents!

6. You dont dry in your parents house. period.

You NEED to know what your doing before you go ahead and do it.

A man without a plan is a man without freedom. or in your case Child.

7. 1/2 obl is not alot with a 1000watt light at all and read my previes post pls sorry you cant get half a pund of your cfls kid

8. wow lol i do type bad but im not a little kid

9. like i said i use to live in north cal with my grand parents they grew for medical perposes and they had a 10000 watt grow room and they let me care for 3 or 4 plant by myself to see if i could do it and i did they grew for 4 moth thats got like 3 ounces a plant but i never seen any of that weed because i was 13 i didnt know anything about smoking.......but know i do and niether am i a little kid and yes if i were you i would think i wass bullshitten 2 so i dont blame u

10. bump....................

11. K, so loving how like three people in this entire thread have made suggestions on how to dry it and the rest are just harping on him for living with his parents. You guys were young once too, and I'm sure you grew and I'm sure if you could grow pounds, you would. And having to dry it would be a problem... So... more solutions and less "You live with mommy and daddy and shouldn't be growing".

What if you stuck them in a closet with a fuckload of these? Natural Magic 14 oz. Brushed Cotton Odor Absorbing Gel - 2171 at The Home Depot My room usually smells like dank anyway, if the smell could be confined to just one room even you might be able to do it.. Depends how stanky your bud is too I would think

12. Why did you have to bump this. Devecstator, I appreciate your willingness to help the OP, but that idea is completely unrealistic. I don't care how many towels are in there wet dank smells like none other, plus the buds need air flow, towels prevent that.

Just got to think realistically, one pound of herb...in a closet? Come on now, open the door and his mom comes in 5 minutes later and he's busted.

The only way he could inside his house is if he had 4x4x4' box with both computer fans attached to carbon filter, maybe also that chunky gel stuff they sell at hydro stores to keep smells minimal in your room. But see you would never put that much energy into something just to dry your bud. Everyone here has given you their opinion, now YOU got to figure it out what to do over the next 5 months.

13. Hm, I guess outside is the only way to go then..

14. #55 FunTimeGrowHap, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011
    So, you cared for the plants from seed to harvest, but you can't remember if it was three or four plants? By the way, if you yielded 3 oz.s per plant, that would be 9-12 oz.s. A half pound would be 8. Give yourself credit, you grew closer to 3/4 of a pound when you were 13. You were a middle school Kaiser Soze.

In answer to your question, not that I think you will make it to that stage, but just for shits and giggles, build a box with circulation and a carbon filter. Make it out of a dresser, computer cases, blanket chest, toy box or whatever you already have, so it will look natural.

15. #56 washedmothafuka, May 19, 2011
    And my bad dude, I didnt even realize that stuff was the odor gel...I was super stoned and just saw a picture of some towels, so i that it had a bunch of towels in it lol. Those things actually work pretty well my friend used it outside his grow room to keep things at bay. But yeah, outdoor is where is guna have to grow it

@Younbud, if they let you grow when you were 13 why wont they let you dry your buds when your older? Ha, just dont see your grandparents letting a 13 year old grow their own weed. They must really be some lazy sons of bitches.

16. Also, your plants would have taken up between 25%-50% of your grandparents floor space. What's the plant count for a mmj grow in CA ayways? I would think elderly patients would need to pay close attention to every inch of their grow, so they could maximize their medicine whilst operating within the legal parameters. I can't imagine you had caregiver status at the time either. So what your saying is that they risked the operation that turns out much needed marijuana, so their little grandson could try 3 or 4 plants, all by himself. That's your story?

17. my grandpaent had a 10000 watt grow i dont know wat kind of lisence they had or what but i dont live with them no more i live with my parentsin the east coast and my grandparents were only in ther 50s not that old and yes they let me care for 3 plants my self cause i really wanted to as a challenge sort of. i just waterd them so i gues you could say i grew them lol

18. #59 FunTimeGrowHap, May 19, 2011
    Posts 48 and 50 make their setup unclear. Also, don't call CFL growers kids just because you saw your granpappys' HID a couple of times.

Back to your B.S., now you're saying you watered three of their plants. That's definitely not a first grow. Nobody's impressed. I don't even believe you've seen a plant in person, yet you're here seeking help with "drying all them pounds". Get that word out of your vocab, greenhorn. Try fucking germinating first.

Unsubscribing this dipshit thread.

19. Same here, fool is saying his grandparents had a 10,000w grow room...and he had a "seperate" 1k grow room with all the fixing aside from the 10k??? Nahhhh. Why would he even live with his grandparents for a minute and then live back with his parents? I think he "heard" that his grandparents were growing, so since they grew he though "well, that's about the same as me growing it" Hahaha...this is hilarious.