Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Steaming Weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JustinCredible, Oct 6, 2010.

1. i searched for this but its pretty far out there..i was steaming some 'steam buns' when i thought what if you could steam weed on a steam pot over the oven, would it work like a vaporizor, would it work at all? what do you think??

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. I don't think it would heat up enough to cause the THC to combust and if anything the steam would make the weed wet or soggy. I don't think it's worth the risk of ruining good weed. Suggest it to a friend to try and see what happens to them.

3. Steam contains water. vaporizors heat up the weed with just hot air. No idea how the water in the heat would react with the plant matter. That be interesting to find out.........

4. Please let me no on the results! I guess the only way to find out is to try it.

5. sheeeeiiit im prolly not gonna try it, ill try to get some friend to try it like the other guy said

6. I believe that if you could funnel/channel the steam through some kind of small receptacle, that you could have some success with this method. It would have to stay relatively compact, eg, close to the source of the steam so as to have it not cool down too much.
    You'd also be inhaling a lot of water vapour.
    Probably not bad for your lungs though, you wouldn't get as direct a hit as you would from vaping.

7. well i had some tin foil over the steam pot cus the cover to it was in the dish washer, so right then and there i imagine making a little hole/tube with the tin foil to funnel it right to my mouth, for this to work it might require a much smaller steam pot then i have lol

8. Don't confuse the Vaporizers name with the word vapor. The vaporizer works by heating and combusting the weed by way of hot air in excess of 400 degrees. In no way does water or water vapor come in to play in the vaporizers awesomness. All glory to the Vaporizer.:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  9. There's heat/pressure to consider as well.

10. yes but if it some how works, vaporizor bongs will be the bessst

11. NO don't smoke it if it's going to have water vapour in it, getting water in your lungs can kill you if there's enough in them. That's how some people drown because water gets into their lungs.

12. Hi, I am a legal hemp grower. I use steamed hemp in my espresso machine nearly every morning. I enjoy the earthy taste. I'm not sure if there are any therapeutic benefits, but it makes great tea.. I'd be interested to see if any clinical research on this subject.

13. Pretty old thread but interesting idea with the espresso. I actually love an IPA called sweet eater hophash. No THC but has the exact taste of weed. My all time favorite beer.

14. Good thing this scientist chimed in.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Haha someone likes old threads.
    I read hot water in your bong is great but I can’t bring myself to do it, adds vomit emoji