Steam games

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Zombiemode, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Anyone know of some good games on steam that I wont get bored of in a week?  Preferably ones that I'll be able to play with keyboard and mouse. 

2. The swapper, torchlight 2, civilization 5.
    Killing floor is dope too. Bioshock series as well

Sent from my VS840 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #3 8ight, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
    That's a very vague question! But I will second Civ 5--I've logged over 100 hours in the game. 

Really, I'd say just about all the games I've bought on Steam have lasted me much longer than a week, but I almost exclusively play RPGs. Actually, I've yet to finish most of my games. So, yea... just about any RPG will likely have enough content to last you a good while, so long as that's what you're into. 

4. Skyrim
    Civilization V
    Team Fortress 2
    Left 4 Dead 2

5. any of the total war series apart from shogun

my fav is rome

6. Team Fortress 2 

Hands Down

I'd love to play with some guys from GC as well lol :p

7. Just get skyrim, I've sunk so many hours into that game and never feel bored.

Yeah tf2 is awesome too. Also there's a record store near one of my friends places called vinyl tap haha.

8. Only game I really play on steam is Counterstrike Source.

9. Dark souls if your man enough, I sank hundreds of hours into that game and I still love the shit out of it.

Other than that check out Unepic, Magicka, Tomb Raider or Chivalry. All really good games available on steam.

10. #10 llllllllll, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
    WARNING:

Dont play CIV 5 If you aren't fully aware of the consequences before doing such....

The consequences;
    you will forget the meaning of time.
    you will forget you have friends
    you will forget about anything that isn't civ V.

Like @8ight, ive logged over 100 hours on this game aswell.... the only difference is ive done that in just over 2 weeks 0.o

protip if you decide to buy civ V, get the addon called Gods And Kings, its only a few bucks, and if you got 30 more bucks to throw down, buy the other expansion packed called Brave New World.  im sure there is a complete pack you can find on steam

People stealing my ideas? Fuck dat shit. I worked hard to come up with this name. :(

12. #12 newbkushgrower, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013
    Arma 2 OA/Combined Ops. Even if you don't want to play dayz this is fun.

Been playing it mostly nonstop since march.

13. the stalker series is on sale right now, I'm gonna buy it later :D

14. TF2: is one of my favorite games

GTA: IV is always fun

Waves: Best with 360 controller, good tunes, and in window mode...trippy game 

15. Planetside 2, tf2 (best shooter I've played), recently finished metro: last light. Real incredible experience if you love atmospheric intensive games

16. Steam is my HUGE gripe that I have with pc gaming. idk why but i just HATE it.

I've been using steam since it was first released and have never had a negative thought attributed to it. It just does everything it is meant to do perfectly. Between the organized nature of it, the incredible sales and the even more incredible holiday sales, good customer support, doesnt clog up your pc with useless other programs and such, its really lightweight and hardly takes up any resources more than 100mb, etc etc. I just dont see the downsides to it, seems like you dont either lol.  Im sure if you got into pc gaming more you'd grow to love steam like pretty much everyone on PC does.

Ive heard people say this maybe once in a blue moon, I really see no reason to dislike steam 

18. I think my issue is that when i had my old computer stolen and i called them to retrieve my account and re-download the games i lost they gave me the run around. i had my account registered to my real name I had just forgotten my username and those assholes didnt want to help, they expected me to shovel out hundreds of dollars to re-purchase games i already owned. so yea, fuck em.

19. And there's the problem when you only kinda own the games. Should always write down your username though! I'd be pissed if I lost all my games as well though... All 63 of them...

20. #20 8ight, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
    I wouldn't really blame Steam for the fact that your PC was stolen and that you didn't know your loggin... although, isn't it just your email address + password? Granted, that still sucks and it's a shame nothing could be worked out, but I don't think that's an issue with Steam. That's just one of the downsides to digital sales in general.