Stealth PC micro grow journal with Daxxy

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Daxxy, Apr 20, 2020.

1. I can see the purple hopefully it continues for you very curious about this 12/12 clone thing you have going

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Shot mate, you only doing 1 seed this time? Dont wanna do more incase it's male again? Unsure if you'll be able to make your deadline if you have to restart again

Best of luck in any case!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Just giving it 1 more shot. If it’s male no biggie. And as far as the deadline goes I’m not too worried about it anymore. I’m starting it on 12/12

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. As always, thanks for the support dude!

I'm shocked at how well I've done my training considering I pretty much yolod it and all that, gonna do 1 more round of training if I can when the stretch stops, the whole plant is probably going to be woody by then so I've got my training to an acceptable state if I cant do it again but it would be nice to if I can

Absolutely loving the purple! Super glad, gonna dust a branch or two with the fathers pollen at the optimal time (will have to look into this again but I think it is somewhere between 4 weeks or 6 weeks into flower) satty isn't showing any of those 2 finger mitten leaves like the mother had all over so should be better than average for making seeds, I also might dust the 1st node with that pollen sack she originally threw out just to see if it makes fem seeds

As for the 12/12 I've always assumed that those 2 weeks of 18/6 would make a world of difference and now I'm seeing it first hand, so I'll gladly be able to reccomend it over 12/12 from seed unless someone is going perpetual with only one box/tent/room in which case 12/12 from seed is the only option

However seeing I'm going to be constantly experimenting for a few years it'll be good to see how it stacks up against 2 weeks then flip, might be able to do 4 plants in my box (and 6 or 8 in the bigger box) if the lack in growth keeps them small enough, im all about gaining knowledge!

The strain might not be great but the combination of lack of smell, being hybrid, the buds I pulled them from being amazing, and now that the purple is coming out real easy it all adds up to a really decent bagseed for what I'm growing in! Would prefer to have it leaning more indica but that can be a breeding project for when I've got both boxes up and running (and for everyone else reading, no, I'm not trying to cross breed my own strain, just keeping the strain alive so I dont have to buy seeds, I wont do that until it is legal in my country)

5. Glad others can see it, I have a leaf with half a purple finger but I cant take photos without it just looking like a darker green

The clone I have is just an experiment to see if I can do it, took the first node branch that would never grow enough to get the light so not a loss no matter what, however it doesnt fit in my box and it is going yellow without producing any roots, did everything good except I couldn't keep it warm, this is what I assume the fail was caused by but that's fair enough because I didn't plan it I just figured I had nothing to lose, next time I'll prepare so it can go straight into the box

The 12/12 part is the new seed I popped when I thought satty was male

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ah yup sweet as, all you can do is try! You know what a male looks like now first hand so you should be able to pick them out pretty easily, only took one male for me to know but it is important to not jump the gun! After it starts showing sex you can start guessing but wait a few days more to know for sure

In my experience it has taken less than 3 weeks from breaking ground to sex them properly, will be great if you can meet your deadline however if you get a few more males in a row you might as well scrap the 12/12 from seed and go for a plant that will fill out your space better but at the end of the day if whatever you do works then it works! Getting experience is generally the top priority no matter the reason you're growing

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yep knowledge is power. I’m starting from 12/12 from seed to speed it up a hair rather than vegging 2wks then flipping. Hopefully it’s a girl this time. If it’s not then oh well. I’ll just wait till I can buy some gem seeds then I’ll use the males pollen to dust with. Then I’ll have better chances I feel. Anyways keep up the good work homie keeping a eye on your purple people eater

8. Definitely the way to flower asap lol can't argue with that, no idea about whether it's worth it or not but that's what I'm hoping to find out with my little seedling! In your case however I dont blame you for making it your highest priority, worthiness will vary from person to person in any case and that's absolutely fine

The purple is slowly creeping along the stems! Also the stipules at the very top of my colas are purple but I cant get a good picture of them either, I dont want the leaves to go purple but it would be great to have purple buds! I guess it's a reasonable assumption to say the stems will eventually go fully purple, very cool to see anyway

• Like Like x 1
  9. @sc4r3crow hope your next seed works out for you dude, just stay positive and keep motivated, you’ll get there!

@Daxxy so cool the purple is growing in! Fingers crossed it makes it into the buds

Smart take on how the value or worth in growing differs between peeps and that knowledge from each grow is so valuable, it’s just not all about yield all the time.

Shame to hear the clone bit the dust but as you said it was just an experiment.

Wish I could get my hands on some of these seeds you have bred, such great characteristics for a micro setup!

Looking forward to the excitement of the coming weeks and seeing these beauties grow. Peace out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  10. Day 39

Buds look to be developing nicely, still have minimal smell but if I agitate them with my nose I can smell it, not enough to guess any terpene profiles tho

Gonna pollinate this cycle, I've picked one of the 2nd node branches (bottom right in first picture) because I dont want to use the tiny 1st node branch but want to be able to harvest the rest of the plant if the seeds aren't quite ready when it comes time to chop, out of pure laziness I've left it a little late whoops, main thing is to see if the pollen is still viable anyway

The purple is still creeping along the stems, will update that at the end of flower week 4

Also got a little deficiency going on so I'm upping the nutrients, shouldn't be an issue because I know my pH is good so that leaves it to simply not enough of it available

Hope everyone else is doing good with their grows! 20200522_211511.jpg 20200522_211540.jpg 20200522_211600.jpg

11. Will be doing a proper update at the end of the current day cycle but I'm really excited to see how far this purple goes! 20200524_210006.jpg 20200524_204001.jpg

12. Day 14

Still nothing really to report, chugging along just fine

Definitely leaning toward indica leaves currently

I can see it's already starting to flower 20200525_064717.jpg

13. Day 42

4th week of flower is over, still got some leaves with light green near the stem but almost all the smaller top leaves are pointing straight out

Got a bunch of pistils dying but not on the colas I dusted, unsure what's going on there but incase she's too close to the lights I'm going to lower her a little however it could just be pollen that got into the air because I couldn't find anything to cover my chosen colas, if this is the case I'm completely okay with it 20200525_064908.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Looking good mines chugging along slowly but surely keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nice work Daxxy, still just keep zooming in on your pics at the training you have managed to do. That box is going to be a packed out as it could be by the looks of things. Gonna got you up when the time comes for advice on training my AK. How many nodes until I should start do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Hey dude, shes definitely going to fill out the box more than I originally thought so hopefully that is all well!

For the training, I think when the 4th set of leaves are finished growing is a good time, will turn it into an upside down J kinda shape, then it will push against it and harden into a good shape to train horizontally

You can do it a bit earlier if you like but so far if I do it at that point the base of the plant has hardened

17. Hey mate, glad you've got a good start! Best of luck with it

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hey everyone, I've got a bit of bad news but it should be fine

I pH'd my water, nutrients, and run off when I got my drops but haven't since until now, my pH is still is the acceptable range however it's too low to absorb calcium so I've got a calcium deficiency, seems to have popped up in the last 48 hours and the sad thing is I cant get anything to fix it in town so have to order some online

I should've pH'd when I had the other deficiency but thankfully this isnt the same thing, lesson learned!

However I have good news too! Turns out my clone i had condemned was just taking its time, very surprised it has come through and started rooting because it had fuckall light and no heat during the night, glad I can successfully clone tho that's the answer I was hoping to get

Should be able to sex my small plant soon so great timing, if it's female I'll remove the clone and have no idea what I'll do with it but if it's male I'll just rip it out and the clone can have the pot to itself 20200527_081819.jpg 20200527_084733.jpg

19. 12/12 from seed day 21

Female!

Looks good otherwise, maybe a little lighter than she should be but I've had my partner feeding them while I was away so I couldn't monitor everything but no damage has been done 20200531_202305.jpg

20. Day 35 of flower

Looking much better than I expected! I thought I'd have worse damage to the leaves from the calcium deficiency but very few have fallen off

Hopefully my pH adjustments come soon

Also the clone I've given up on twice has bounced back twice and has successfully rooted, I said I'd rip it out if the 12/12 from seed is female but I'm keeping it because I'm curious about the growth patterns once it kicks off seeing it's a monster crop clone 20200531_202337.jpg 20200531_203921.jpg

• Like Like x 1