Stealth PC growbox - help for a noob

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by duvke, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Ok guys so I am starting a stealth PC growbox project and I am hoping someone could help me out with few things as this is my first grow. I will be growing autoflowering lowryder plants. This is the equipment I am going to use and I have a few questions regarding the items.
    1. PC Case: I have bought a Cooler Master Cosmos S because it was the only big tower in the region and i got it cheap so to say. Dimensions: W/H/D - 266/598/628 mm. This is how it looks like: Screenshot . I just need to cut it up some more on the inside to free more space.
    2. 2 PC fans (I have more if need) 12x12cm
    3. 125µm diamond foil to set inside the case. Somehow feels better to put this instead of spraying the inside with white spray and coating it after.
    4. Can Lite Filter 100mm for CO2 which I would bind with this fan as it has the proper dimensions for the CO2 filter to fit with. http://prntscr.com/puq4i9
    5. 3x Pots 20x20x23 cm 5.7L (not sure if I need them to be this big)
    6. LIGHT!! This is the thing that bothers me the most. I looked up a bit and it seems that COB LED 100w would be the best thing for this setup but I am really confused about it. Would this work out Screenshot ? It seems that COB gives better yield than full spectrum thats why I would go with it. If you have any suggestion what should I buy please give it, cheaper the solution the better :D
    When I figure out what to do with the light I will of course make an external power plug for fans and light.
    I've bought the thermo/hygrometer, soil with perlites, digital PH meter and Bio Bizz Try Pack Indoor nutrients. Should I also get the timer for light? I hope I haven't forgotten something but this is it basically. I am looking forward to tips and and advices so I can finally put this baby together and start the magic process. Thanks in advance.

2. You can check out my 1 sq ft microgrow journal for some ideas... I haven't grown in a pc case before so I can't offer much advice, but I think you should use smaller pots.

But in general, since they're autos, you're going to want to stick to lst tl really make use of the space if it's going to be worth it.

I'm not so sure about that light though, haven't come across it before.

And yes you will want a timer, preferably digital, it will make your grow a whole lot easier.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

3. #3 TheUltimateNoob, Nov 9, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    Also you could try a micro scrog, it will save you a lot of training and frustration if you can get it right

4. what is that my friend? I was going to use scrog methode, it seems that is the most viable one for this type of grow. I will definitely check your journal. Thanks for the tips and keep em coming :D

5. Sorry, I meant;

Lst, it will*

6. oh yeah I looked it up, this is most definitely a way to go :D many thanks, I followed you :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. The carbon filter is for odor, not co2.

For lights I highly recommend a strip build utilizing 2 foot strips, either the super cheap bridgelux EB gen 2's or the samsung f-series gen 3's, 3000k or 3500k;
    https://www.digikey.com/products/en?mpart=BXEB-L0560Z-35E2000-C-B3&v=976
    https://www.digikey.com/products/en?mpart=SI-B8U261560WW&v=1510

The LED gardener blog has a strip build tool that will help you calculate how many strips and which driver you'll need. Your better off going with a high number of strips and running them soft without heatsinks, so you can maximize your limited vertical space. You'll only need about 85 watts to hit 50w/sqft. 100w would be closer to 60w/sqft, which may be too much. Many people shoot for 30w/sqft with the higher quality diodes.

8. Yeah thats what I meant when I typed CO2 (newb). I read that for example from 100w light you can expect 0.5-1g yield pro W from the plant, thats why I thought I should just put one 100w to be sure of it, but 85w seems more calculated. I am checking the LED blog for sure. Many thanks!