Stealth PC Grow Box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Asphyxiation, Apr 27, 2009.

1. #1 Asphyxiation, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
    Just finished it yesterday took about 3 days.
    Plan to use for veg only. 150w cfl for lighting.
    The plants in the pics have been 24/0 for a week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Great job man!!! im building something very similar to this tomorrow, i just need a box to put everything in

3. nice job. a few questions however, height? i know emachines desktops are short so i hope you will be lst'ing the babies.
    why do you still have the power supply inside?, its taking up valuable real estate.
    kudos on the clean front install of the fans, very low key:yay:

be well and safe growing

Bp:cool:

4. wow thats pretty nifty. Im going to have to try something like this

5. are you sure thats a 150w REAL wattage cfl? looks a little small.

BUT +rep for keeping all the motherboard connections intact and using the stock PS for power!!

6. #6 Asphyxiation, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
    Thanks for the kind words. (and rep)
    I actually gutted the psu
    The case is around a foot tall and i plan to do some LST but i am mainly using it for veg.
    The lights a 28 watt equal to 150 watts.
    Heres a pic of the psu.

[​IMG]

7. friggen awesome, im doin that when i rebuild the pc case in my sig.

check out www.1000bulbs.com they have 85w cfl's that will give you much more light and hopefully increase your grow speed.

maybe an aeroponic cloner to make this the ultimate clone box! lol im getting ahead of myself :p

8. I decided to add another light.
    I plan to start flowering the one on the right when it starts touching the light.
    Im going to use LST on the left plant and try to grow it as much as i can,
    going to transplant in a week or two.

[​IMG]

9. looks pretty good man, you could lst one plant easily in there from start to finish

10. Nice setup. I am currently building one of my own; how did you mount the light socket?

11. I used "alot" of hot glue, not sure if its the best method but its been holdin up fine. Then i covered all the exposed parts with ducting tape.

12. thats beautiful...

13. Nice job, but if I were you I would just use it for veg and transplant outside and then harvest clones in the PC after.

14. Thats the plan, im transplanting them into my flower box.

15. Nice, seems like you are conducting my very similar plans... ahha.

I was going to do basicly EXACTLY what you did, veg in pc, move to flower box (with all sorts of LST in the mix)... but then my mom found out about my lights and I chose to rather not go ahead with my grow. Although it was stealthy and what not and I still feel that I cou;d have pulled it off, I just could not do it knowing what I promised my mom... call me a mommas boy but shit, I can't be running a grow-op against her will.

16. Ill might do the same :)

What kind of bolds do you use?

17. So a pc grow is only good for veg? can you grow 2 plants (veg and flower) in a pc case? I assume you'd need lst.
    If the pc is only good for veg, what is a good size box to transfer to?

18. Naaa you can veg AND flower them, but you won't see much results, I can assume like a quarter max (in a small PC) and maybe like a half oz - 20 grams if your good in a decent sized PC.

But I recommend only one plant at a time unless you are only vegging them. But if you are going to go from germ-veg-flower in one box... you're better off with one single plant.

19. Wow fast answer thanks man.
    I'm trying to plan a stealth grow, smaller is more stealth so pc is good but I want to have the "best yield for my buck(s)" so a pc grow for 1/4 yield isn't good.
    my plans so far, box-Pc grow vs husky metal front base cabinet from home depot approx 20x35x30 lights-cfls approx 150w possibly more medium-soil vs hydro (need to ask some questions)
    I have a pc box so I could start sooner but if its 'not worth it" i'll wait till I can get the cabinet.

If the pc was only used for cloning and veg what would be good for flowering?