Stealth Mother/Flower Cabinet

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Bombastic, Jan 14, 2009.

1. I built this cabinet to house a mother plant or 2 but it could be used to grow right throutgh to flowering.

The cabinet runs very quietly and I have used a 5" TT fan and connected a speed controller this makes it even quieter for near silent running.

The running temperatures are very good never going over 80 but are usually around 75 ish which is nice and gives some room for when the box gets filled up.

This is going to be used for cuttings and the mother plant.

I'm running a 250 cfl lamp in there but plan to change it for a 300 in time. There is plenty of height there and the humidity is quite low that will increase with time when the girls grow.

Air in is passive as the fan is so fowerfull active air in is not required. the fan is located in the upper part of the cabinet and the chamber is sealed up and packed with rockwall tightly to remove any sound.

There is a second chamber for attachment of a carbon filter if needed at a later stage.

This project took me 2 days to complete and was pretty straight forward.

As this was just a test cabinet i now plan to build a larger full size wardrobe model for flowering using nicer furniture for this.

Let me no what you all think? any Sugestions ect.

Will post more pictures of fan etc at a later date ok.

Attached Files:

2. Looking really good. Did you mean 300w CFL ? That is unreal ... never knew they got that big. Is there a reason for going with large CFL's rather than HID lights? I reckon a 250w MH for that cupboard would work fantastic.

3. There is a 250 cfl in there at the moment as these do not produce hardly any heat compared to the luminous that they produce. the other reason is that the cfl light keeps the plants nodes short and stumpy as you can get the plants right up to the light. Making it better for when i transport into the flowering room. This box is going to be used to house the mother and to grow on the cuttings and to house the cuttings ect. I am going to install a hydro system in there flood and drain or a dripper syatem to house the mother in for more rappid growth.

Any comments on what system i should put into this box?

4. Yeah mate, I was gonna say: flood and drain (ebb and flow) system I reckon as I think it'd be easiest to remove and transplant clones and no sweat growing a mother or two. Thing is whether you plan on going for a hydro setup in your flowering room which I assume you are. If not then just go for a soil/vermiculite combo. NFT would be doable but not as versatile as far as quantities you might want in I would imagine. I'm no expert on hydroponics though but it seems like common sense.